Wireless Charging Form Factors

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
My wife will like the bean bag one, not sure who makes it?

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

cedarlog

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
i like charging stand and fatboy pillow especially fatboy pillow there is something special about it
those are extra plus when someone decide to play lumia phone

SoloXCRacer

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Plate and stand are cool. Not sure I dig the pillow. My dog sleeps on a pillow. I'm not that attached to my phone to justify a pillow.

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
i would like an alarm clock similar to the iHome for apple devices that takes advantage of the 920's built in wireless charging along with nfc :happy:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
i would like an alarm clock similar to the iHome for apple devices that takes advantage of the 920's built in wireless charging along with nfc :happy:

That's exactly what the Nokia Wireless Charging Stand does.

It has wireless charging and via NFC it opens application you want automatically when placed on the stand.
wirelesscharging-body-04-jpg.jpg

Want to keep using your Nokia Lumia while it charges? Place it on our Wireless Charging Stand so the screen’s easy to see.You can even pre-set the stand to open apps on your phone – like an alarm, Skype or SkyDrive.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It depends on how much they will end up costing, but it would be nice to have either a plate or stand at work, and another stand for the bedside.

I guess the pillow would be handy for families where there is more than one device due to it's larger size?

Edit: of course, the advantage of Nokia using the Qi standard, is that we don't have to use their accessories and other manufacturers could release their own docks (some already do) which should hopefully help to keep the cost down.

Last edited:

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm going for standard pads across the board... they don't take up much space, and I can have one on my desk at work and nightstand by my bed at night.

The pillows take up too much room, and they're kinda ridiculous looking, in my opinion.

The speaker option is cool, but I don't have much use for the extra speaker, since I got the Play360 as a freebie from the event.

BTW, the chargers ALL work amazingly well. As long as there is SOME physical contact, you're good... not like those goofy touchstones that the Palm Pre had that it had to be "just right" or wouldn't work.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know what the charging rate (ma) is for wireless charging compared to the regular wired charger at 1A.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Being the ampage and voltage from usb is soo small, I would imagine its possible to charge wirelessly at a similar rate to via cables.

I like the idea of having a pad in my cars arm rest so i can just throw my phone, Satnav, whatever in there and they all just charge.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

hc_1540

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Remember, as long as it uses the QI standard you can use any wireless charging point. Some of them may not look as pretty as the Nokia ones but they'll still do the job (and could well be cheaper)

Edit: Sorry Gorki, didn't see your post. You beat me to it!!

Razioer

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
When the iPhone 5S is out next year, and it includes wireless charging, you can be absolutly certain that it WONT adhere to the qi standard. Just like 30pin / "lightning" over USB, or AirPlay over DLNA. Thats just the Apple way!.

Anyways, back on track, I present the ULTIMATE Lumia 920 accessory:

Darafeev Furniture Equipped with Wireless Inductive Charging Systems - YouTube

Altho the fact that an inductive charging plate is an optional choice for the new Audi A3, and all Audis going forward, is also a pretty damned good accessory :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05