Official TPU case thread

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
*This is not a debate thread, tell people not to buy cases because the 920 is already strong blah blah blah somewhere else. Some like to retain resale value and like a thicker phone to hold onto.*

Post all the good TPU cases you find, preferably ones that are very form fitting, don't slide/shift around the body, cover as much of the chassis as possible for color cohesion, etc. These two are the best I've found so far, and they are probably both the exact same case. Great color choices though, I'm ordering one to see how I like it.

IhxgH.jpg
NOukO.jpg

WorldShopping @ Amazon.com: lumia 920 tpu

dealgadgets @ Amazon.com: lumia 920 tpu

wtupyo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
That's a really awesome price, definitely post back how the case turns out being. If it's really good I'll be buying several so I have some variety for my phone!

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Sadly it looks like it's shipping from overseas or something, so it'll be a long wait (Estimated delivery: Dec. 10, 2012 - Dec. 27, 2012). I'm going to snag a few colors as well, I picked a black 920 so that it will look great in any case. Cases tend to wear though, maybe I'll pick up something temporary locally if I can find a generic one. My glossy white cimo case from my 900 is practically brown now. :p

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Follow-up to my first post, I couldn't be more happy. I found one that was fulfilled by Amazon and it shipped and arrive in two days. It fits perfectly, nice and snug, and adds just that extra little bit for the perfect grip in my opinion, not to mention the fact that it looks just like the yellow version but I can swap to any color after I order the other colors (the joy of the black chassis). My quick non-effort pictures don't do it justice, it's a nice deep vibrant yellow.

WP_20121118 1.jpgWP_20121118 2.jpgWP_20121118 3.jpgWP_20121118.jpg

Here is the link: Amazon.com: Worldshopping? Candy Color Yellow Glossy Skin Soft TPU Gel Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessories, Gifts From Worldshopping?: Cell Phones & Accessories

I also ordered a slightly different type to see which I preferred, and the second has two glaring flaws I didn't catch in the pictures on Amazon. It covers the microphone on top and has a cutout for the SIM car slot for some reason instead of covering it up/protecting it. Note the yellow one above has a large enough hole on top to expose the second mic and covers the SIM card slot. So I'd not recommend this one:

WP_20121118_005.jpg

Amazon.com: Worldshopping? Blue Smooth Rubber Skin Soft TPU Gel Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessories, Gifts From Worldshopping?: Cell Phones & Accessories

It was initially appealing because I liked how the back was more precisely cut, but the two above issues make it not worth it to me.

wtupyo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks for this thread! I'll be ordering up a couple for myself now too since no one here carries any locally.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
They also have white/black/blue/red/pink I think in that exact same style. If you check the prime box it filters in the ones that will ship locally more clearly.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I now have a white, blue, yellow and red version of the worldshopping glossy case, I'll take a bunch of pictures and upload them in a bit.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I now have a white, blue, yellow and red version of the worldshopping glossy case, I'll take a bunch of pictures and upload them in a bit.

I tried a case from a different seller on Amazon and there also was not a cut out for the top microphone. I was thinking about trying this snap on case instead since it "says" clear.

Amazon.com: Worldshopping? Clear Ultra Slim Snap on Hard Case Back Cover Shell For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessories, Gifts From Worldshopping?: Cell Phones & Accessories

On the TPU cases that have worked for you, when you take a picture with the flash on do you get a ghost look (not sure how to describe it) on the edge of your picture? With the other case I ordered, the case caused the flash to not work correctly.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I tried a case from a different seller on Amazon and there also was not a cut out for the top microphone. I was thinking about trying this snap on case instead since it "says" clear.

Amazon.com: Worldshopping? Clear Ultra Slim Snap on Hard Case Back Cover Shell For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessories, Gifts From Worldshopping?: Cell Phones & Accessories

On the TPU cases that have worked for you, when you take a picture with the flash on do you get a ghost look (not sure how to describe it) on the edge of your picture? With the other case I ordered, the case caused the flash to not work correctly.

Did you end up ordering this one? I also want a clear case and am having a hard time deciding what to go with.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you please upload the additional pics? I thought those cases looked pretty nice, just wish they had a clear one.

Sorry I haven't gotten around to sitting down with them all and taking comprehensive pictures. I've snapped a few quick ones for others though while in a rush, here's the white and blue randomly.

White Lumia 920 case - Imgur

Photo Album - Imgur

The yellow is above of course, though it's a more deep vibrant yellow than those pics show.

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I haven't gotten around to sitting down with them all and taking comprehensive pictures. I've snapped a few quick ones for others though while in a rush, here's the white and blue randomly.

White Lumia 920 case - Imgur

Photo Album - Imgur

The yellow is above of course, though it's a more deep vibrant yellow than those pics show.

Thanks for sharing! I wonder if your cases from Worldshopping is the same as theses cases?

GTMax 5-Pack TPU Case Cover for Nokia Lumia 920 (AT&T)
with * 4-Color Clip Pen * (Black / Smoke / Clear / Blue / Red)

Mr. Brown

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3