11-26-2012, 09:46 PM #1
- 124 Posts
I am considering a screen protector for my Lumia 920. I have read mixed reviews on Zagg and some generally positive things about Armor Suit and others. Here is my hangup: these all require wet application. I know all of these brands claim that it peels off smoothly without leaving residue or marks, but in your experiences, is that an accurate claim? I don't mean to sound pessimistic, but if I am slathering a wet (and I assume somewhat sticky) substance on my screen, I have doubts that it will simply disappear when I want it to. Am I crazy?
In general, I guess these are my questions. If anyone out there would like to share their thoughts or experiences with this topic, I would appreciate it.
1. Do these wet application screen protectors really come off cleanly?
2. Will the protector interfere with the Lumia's super-sensitive, glove-friendly screen?
3. If you have tried more than one brand of screen protector, which one(s) is/are you partial to? Why?
4. I have tried some cheaper screen protectors in the past and experienced annoying bubbles when applying that would just never go away. Do these wet application protectors do better in that area?
- 11-27-2012, 02:42 AM #2
I'm partial to Wrapsol. There front screen is a dry install. Protector is thick and clear. No orange peel. Make sure you wait a day for the bubbles to work themselves out. Wrapsol also has the cut out for the light sensor which is to the right of the FF Camera.
- 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM #3
Have used Zagg on my Evo, Ghost-Armor on my SGSII and just ordered the Xtreme Guard for my eventual 920:) All of these are wet application types. I installed the Zagg myself and it came out perfect the only grip I had is the orange peel otherwise it stood up very well for a couple of years. When peeled off there was nothing left over on the screen. The Ghost Armor was applied by them at a kiosk but I don't think it's as durable as the Zagg. We'll see how the Xtreme Guard ends up fairing.
- 12-03-2012, 08:58 PM #4
They all look absolutely terrible compared to naked glass. No matter what anyone says, there is NO perfectly smooth screen protector. They also all feel like crap under your fingertips compared to glass. I could never live with one of these things.
- By action_efn_jackson in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 12-29-2010, 07:02 PM
- By Christina11 in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 12-27-2010, 08:58 PM
- By kbanes in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 19Last Post: 12-27-2010, 04:17 PM