Otterbox Commuter for Lumia 920

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I got my Commuter for the L920. I expected it to look a bit better than it does... Theres a lot of excess silicone on the edges which makes it looks terrible IMO. For $35 I expected it to look a bit better than that. The case seems to fit pretty well. I can take more photos of the case on the phone when I get home later.

Here is a link to a few quick photos I took.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DFA8E2255CA91F3!866&authkey=!AL0iwwnqwV3j_CU

AlexRodriguezNY

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I got my Commuter for the L920. I expected it to look a bit better than it does... Theres a lot of excess silicone on the edges which makes it looks terrible IMO. For $35 I expected it to look a bit better than that. The case seems to fit pretty well. I can take more photos of the case on the phone when I get home later.

Here is a link to a few quick photos I took.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=DFA8E2255CA91F3!866&authkey=!AL0iwwnqwV3j_CU

Those cases look ugly. They make the phones look bigger and very ugly no matter what phone you have.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Those cases look ugly. They make the phones look bigger and very ugly no matter what phone you have.

I contacted Otterbox and they said they will replace it.

That may be true, but there are times where I need such a case. When I have to go out to my work's jobsites (construction), cycling/mtn biking, hiking, etc.

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow.. Not impressed with that at all.. I would contact otterbox about that.. It looks like crap. I'm sure they will get that fixed but doesn't make me feel to good knowing I just ordered one of these...
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does make the phone bulky but my job also requires a protective case otherwise the phone would be ruined in no time. I have the defender on it now but wanted something a bit better as I don't really like the built in screen protector (with gap cut out at top) it lets in dirt and dust onto the screen surface and I don't like that. I hope my commuter case doesn't look like yours or they'll get a call from me as well..

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Phone is not in the case it has the cardboard insert that comes from otterbox inside the silicone shell.

LordGreylock

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
ok, heres the deal, I took some real fine sand paper and just used my hands by rubbing and I was able to clean out the areas that weren't molded properly and it looks much better. Still not perfect though. Also, it still works with the wireless charger, coincidentally that came in today too! I took new pics as well.

New Pics: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Otterbox Commuter today mine was in perfect condition the inner rubber was molded perfectly. I am very happy with this case. It adds very little thickness to the phone much unlike the Defender case. If you want a excellent quality well built case the Commuter is great. I also have no problem wirelessly charging my 920 with either case installed it works with both cases installed and that is a HUGE bonus!!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Heres a few I took. No sense in making a new thread so sorry if you consider this thread jacking.

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0087.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0090.jpg

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
i ordered one, does your have the screen protector on it already? does it fit good? or should i look into another company for the screen protector?

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesnt, but it looks like it fits to match the otterbox, not the screen so its a little smaller than the size of the front scree panel.

newfiend

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I applied the otterbox screen protector provided. Its meant to fit just below the AT&T and NOKIA logos on the front screen down to the bottom of the glass. It fits well it is a tad smaller width wise as well but I believe that if they made it any wider the protector would lift on the edges as the screen curves a bit at the edge. The quality of the screen protector is excellent. I absolutely love this case. I had the Defender on it prior and this one is much better IMO. It doesn't add unnecessary bulk to the phone yet protects it very well. So far I'm very pleased!
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

electriclamb

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
ok, not bad, i ordered an xtreme guard screen protector anyway just incase. Its only 5 bucks right now so i figured it wouldnt hurt to have a back up or just a better coverage screen protector for those days im just not feeling the case.

Nokia Lumia 920 Pureview Screen Protector

the link incase anyones interested in trying them out, ill let you know how they work the the otterbox when i get it all together

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
ok, not bad, i ordered an xtreme guard screen protector anyway just incase. Its only 5 bucks right now so i figured it wouldnt hurt to have a back up or just a better coverage screen protector for those days im just not feeling the case.

Nokia Lumia 920 Pureview Screen Protector

the link incase anyones interested in trying them out, ill let you know how they work the the otterbox when i get it all together

Have this same screen protector on mine and for the price you can't beat it.

robstunner

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
If anyone wants mine for $35 shipped lmk. I was going to send it back but they are holding back $12 from me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo