BSE Lumia 920 Skin

knitoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have been meaning to update this post, but life and the holidays and exchanging my Lumia so many times (I am on my fourth 920!) has taken a lot of time.

I originally wanted to use the BSE skin at launch, but they were not available right away so I ordered a BodyGuardz skin and received that first. After about a week the corners started peeling from getting caught on my pockets. I got the BSE skin but didn't install it because my 920 started suffering massive battery drain and I sent it in for an exchange.

This turned out to be a good thing, because BSE revised their front, top, and bottom portions due to customer feedback. They also sent me revised versions without me even contacting them, talk about customer service!

Here are pics of the BSE skin, excuse my shoddy installation. :)

What you get with the order, which comes in a regular white envelope:
2zqafqr.jpg

Front:
4l0i2q.jpg

Back:
5tw5tu.jpg

Side Buttons:
6xu3w0.jpg

Top:
e6wv2d.jpg

Bottom:
sm6b21.jpg

Notice the corner wraps around the front of the phone, hopefully this will prevent the corner from peeling like the BodyGuardz skin I had:
2igzwhk.jpg

Overall I am happy with the skin, although it has only been a day since I installed it. The quality feels superior to the BodyGuardz that I had previously. One thing I did notice is that the cutouts on the top and bottom pieces seem to not have been fully cut, as you can see pieces that tore when the cutouts were removed.

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
that skin looks nice. 2 questions.

1.) Does the "super sensitive" screen still work with the skin on?
2.) It looks like it came with 2 sets of the top and bottom pieces, is that correct?

knitoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
that skin looks nice. 2 questions.

1.) Does the "super sensitive" screen still work with the skin on?
2.) It looks like it came with 2 sets of the top and bottom pieces, is that correct?

1) Yes it does work with the super sensitive screen, so far I have not noticed any difference with the skin on and without it. I can still use the phone with gloves or a metal key (not that I normally ever use a metal key with the phone).

2) I have 2 sets of top and bottom pieces because the design was modified after I received the original order and BSE sent me the revised set of front, top and bottom. I don't think a normal order will have 2 sets of these pieces.

knitoe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
^ Cost is about $11 shipped. Zagg's costs $25, IMO Zagg's product is not 2x better than BSE. But I suppose you are paying for the name and the packaging if you purchase the Zagg product (comes with cleaning clothe, squeegee, and application spray I think?), whereas the BSE is a no frills one (comes with only the skin, you have to make your own soap/water solution and put in a spray bottle and use your own plastic card).

pezman726

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Knitoe,

Now that you have had that for a few months, I was wondering how it is holding up? I finally got my L920 a few weeks ago and am looking to get a screen protector. I'm trying to decide on buying the whole body guard, or getting a screen protector and a case.

Thanks,
pez

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos