Nokia Wireless Charging Plate vs. Stand

t0n1zz

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
hmmm a little question about battery... if you put your phone to wireless charging stand and launch app there while charging all night does it kill the battery slowly?

Arsenic17

May 19, 2012
Visit site
hmmm a little question about battery... if you put your phone to wireless charging stand and launch app there while charging all night does it kill the battery slowly?

In short, iit depends on the app. Wireless charging can only transfer so much power. If that phone us using more power than it it receiving. It will slowly die. I have had this happen from playing games on the stand.

THis is different than the wired charger where it actually powers the phone while it is charging.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I also got my charging stand today from MS store. No complaints so far, charges fast and without glitch. Also it looks amazingly classy with the phone standing there xD
Haven't tried NFC yet, which night clock app to use??

I use an app titled "Night Stand Clock". I like the way it looks and it works well as an alarm clock too! Also, it does allow the phone to reach a full charge while it is running.

Here's a link to the app: Night Stand Clock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Love Night Stand Clock. I put a thick rubber band over the capacitive buttons, which otherwise shine so brightly in a dark room as to render the app useless for its intended purpose. Cannot understand why these buttons do not time out.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Love Night Stand Clock. I put a thick rubber band over the capacitive buttons, which otherwise shine so brightly in a dark room as to render the app useless for its intended purpose. Cannot understand why these buttons do not time out.

Very smart idea! I may need to try that:excited:

avsef

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. But something's wrong when users have to employ mickey-mouse solutions on their devices to compensate for design/programming flaws.

jdriscoll636

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Before I go out and pick up a stand, can you enable Bluetooth through the NFC tag. I would love to be able to set my phone down and have it connect to my computer.

ikhfa

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
When I tap NFC in the stand, the only option I get is Weather & Clock. No other options (greyed out). Anyone knows how to get to Nokia Music?

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
When I tap NFC in the stand, the only option I get is Weather & Clock. No other options (greyed out). Anyone knows how to get to Nokia Music?

Did you go into the "accessories" option in your phones settings and select the app you want to have launched when you tap the NFC? Under that setting you should be able to set any 3rd party app (including Nokia Music) to launch when you tap the NFC.

ikhfa

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you go into the "accessories" option in your phones settings and select the app you want to have launched when you tap the NFC? Under that setting you should be able to set any 3rd party app (including Nokia Music) to launch when you tap the NFC.

Yes I did. On the Accessories screen, I can see the Charging Stand. But the screen shows "Loading" on the top edge with the five dots zipping across continuously. They don't stop. When I tap Charging Stand, it goes to the Set Up where the option to change the app would still be greyed out.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did. On the Accessories screen, I can see the Charging Stand. But the screen shows "Loading" on the top edge with the five dots zipping across continuously. They don't stop. When I tap Charging Stand, it goes to the Set Up where the option to change the app would still be greyed out.

Once you get to the Set Up screen, you have to wait a while. It takes a long time to load the list of apps. I timed it earlier and it took almost a full minute. If it never loads the list of apps, you may need to do s hard reset on your phone.

rtotheich

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Hey all. I was one of the lucky people who got a free charging plate when I bought my phone (even though it took a while to get it because of backorder). In any case, I thought up a project with NFC that some of the people reading this might be interested in: I recently bought writable NFC tags (pack of 10 for $8.50) and downloaded the app NFC Launchit, which supposedly allows nearly limitless tasks to be written to NFC tags. These tags are simply stickers that are the size of an American quarter and can be placed anywhere. This is great for me because I don't want to drop $250 on a JBL powerup speaker, but with an 85 cent tag, I can place it on top of my Creative D-80 and set the tag to 'tap to pair'. For those of you deciding between the plate and the stand, this just might change your mind. I'm not 100% sure about price differences, but if you're interested in experimenting with NFC, this might be an even more attractive offer. You can stick one to your doorknob that uses text to speech to read you your appointments as you leave for work/school, you could set one on your nightstand that turns on alarms, endless possibilities. I'll be starting another thread soon with the results once the tags I ordered arrive.

t0n1zz

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
In short, iit depends on the app. Wireless charging can only transfer so much power. If that phone us using more power than it it receiving. It will slowly die. I have had this happen from playing games on the stand.

THis is different than the wired charger where it actually powers the phone while it is charging.

hmm sorry to ask again... but what i meant by "die" is not the battery life ( from 100% to 0% and phone shutdown ) but is it going to harm my battery? because i noticed when i using my phone when charging (usb) it feels so hot in the back and in my experience to my previous nokia 5800 it kill my phone battery and ended buying new one...

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it depends on where and when you use it. Stand would be better if you're at a desk or table where you frequent and can just place it on the stand when you are either on your computer, watching TV, or whatever you do.
The plate I use personally, because I only charge my phone at night so whenever I'm going to bed I place the phone on the stand.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb