The New Purity Pro HD Unbox and Review (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I too have purchased the BH-940 headphones, but even if they are packed with all features I wanted and looked for I still need to return them. The reason for me is that they are just a bit too heavy and the headband padding isn't as comfortable as I would expect. I realize this is highly individual, but for me they are too heavy and have to little padding on the headband. I can't belive Nokia together with Monster didn't put more effort into making them more comfortble, I mean they can have all features in the world, but if they are not comfortable they are useless..

Thats a shame, I think they are verry comfortable but I would never stick with them if they werent. I hope you find a pare that suites you better.

EDIT: I dont find them heavy at all but unlike most people I often wear a heavy hellmet with a heavy headset and a headmounted camera for work.

magmo

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Thats a shame, I think they are verry comfortable but I would never stick with them if they werent. I hope you find a pare that suites you better.

EDIT: I dont find them heavy at all but unlike most people I often wear a heavy hellmet with a heavy headset and a headmounted camera for work.

I hope so too, I'm pretty sick of this right now, I started of with the wh-930, they also hag good sound quality and the features I looked for, but they where uncomfortable after a little while since they are the on ear type and that hurt my ears.... Then I tested the WH-920, they where actually the worst of them, sure they had the ability to answer the phone and volume up/down through the control talk cable, but the sound quality wasn' that impressive and it was impossible to get them to stick in the ear. So therefore I tested the BH-940 which I as I described also returned.

Since there was nothing else from Nokia themself that fulfilled my needs I tried the SennHeiser PXC-450, they where huge, and one looked like a freak wearing them. There was also a noise from the noise cancelling functions that was vey uncomfortable to hear. So they where also returned, my next step is to try the Bose Quiet Comfort 15, they don't have the control talk cable functions that I would really like to have but they should at least fit comfortable and from what I hear have good sound quality.

I think its a shame there isn't more headphones that have the controltalk cable that work with Lumia 920, I mean look at iPhone... there you could by from almost any brand, they all have working controltalk with answer and volume up/down functions. Why can't there be just one standard for these things... arghhh..

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I got this email Monday from Amazon:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on February 21, 2013 (Order# 111-7629885-852):

"Nokia 02734L7 BH-940 Purity Pro Wireless Stereo Headset by Monster - Retail Packaging - Black"
Estimated arrival date: May 16, 2013 - June 15, 2013

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on February 21, 2013 (Order# 111-7629885-852):

"Nokia 02734L7 BH-940 Purity Pro Wireless Stereo Headset by Monster - Retail Packaging - Black"

Thats crazy, especally since they are in stock on the UK-Amazon and a lot of stores here in Sweden.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nokia-Purit...ag=hawk-future-21&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1925713

Maserati Storm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not Really, The BH-940 is like the replacement for the 905i, which came out in 09, so i really doubt they are going to rush out another wireless headset soon.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I ordered the yellow pair from Amazon on January 27th and my delivery estimate is April 3, 2013 - April 25, 2013.
UPDATE: My yellow headphones have shipped and they'll be here Friday (29)! Woohoo! I can hardly wait to try them out.

Last edited:

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I want these, I want the JBL PlayUp, the PowerUp, the red WH-920 in-ear Purities, the Luna with wireless charging, the CR-200, oh my!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Fyi, the yellow and red are available on amazon.com now. The black are still listed as 1 to 3 months away. Hopefully that changes soon.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My yellow Purity Pros just arrived (ordered from Amazon). I was pleasantly surprised that they were already fully charged, so I was able to start using them right away. So far, they sound pretty amazing!

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
My yellow Purity Pros just arrived (ordered from Amazon). I was pleasantly surprised that they were already fully charged, so I was able to start using them right away. So far, they sound pretty amazing!

Not to mention the dude inside the headphones saying "Battery full" :)

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Not to mention the dude inside the headphones saying "Battery full" :)

Yeah, and he also lets you know when Bluetooth is connected. Pretty cool! I'll try listening to them wired tomorrow. I'm flying to Europe in June and I'm eager to see how well the noise cancellation feature blocks out airplane noise.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, and he also lets you know when Bluetooth is connected. Pretty cool! I'll try listening to them wired tomorrow. I'm flying to Europe in June and I'm eager to see how well the noise cancellation feature blocks out airplane noise.

Ive used them on a train with screaming kids and what not, they where awsome.

sigge

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the video, Nisse. It's one of the reasons I got mine. Super happy with them!

De ?r perfekta ihop med min 920 :)

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I finally got my black Purity Pro headphones and after using them for a week I have to say I am completely satisfied. They sound great and work perfectly. I just sold my Bose QuietComfort 15 headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism