The New Purity Pro HD Unbox and Review (Video)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Last edited:

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Ohh, I forgot, in the Review I will talk about the in-ear headphones and the new Luna with wireless charging as well. and there will be a surprise Guest.......

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it comes with a cable to use the headset in wired mode, right? If so, does the cable include a microphone such that one can make phone calls?

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it comes with a cable to use the headset in wired mode, right? If so, does the cable include a microphone such that one can make phone calls?

Yes an no, It comes with a cable so that you can go wired, but the microphone is on the headphones.
I tested it today, talked for 45 minutes with my brother and it was outstanding! I even brushed my teeth while we talked but it didnt seem to bother him at all, the noice canceling is exellent!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I assumed it had controls on the side, just like other bt headsets. However, some headsets come with a cable that has controls also. For example, the purity on-ear headset has two included cables: one plain and one with controls.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I assumed it had controls on the side, just like other bt headsets. However, some headsets come with a cable that has controls also. For example, the purity on-ear headset has two included cables: one plain and one with controls.

Yes, but they don't have any controls on the headset.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
The controls work when the power is off, or battery drained?

Yes, when the battery is drained the headset still works with the cable, the only thing that doesn't work without a charged battery is the active noise canceling.
The cable also turns of the transmitter so you can use it on a plane.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes, when the battery is drained the headset still works with the cable, the only thing that doesn't work without a charged battery is the active noise canceling.
The cable also turns of the transmitter so you can use it on a plane.

So you can change tracks with the headset with the battery drained? I doubt it, which is the reason for the controls on the cable.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
So you can change tracks with the headset with the battery drained? I doubt it, which is the reason for the controls on the cable.

In what way would it make a difference if the control is on the cable or 10 cm up on the headset but part of the same circuit?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So you're saying the controls work with the battery drained, or Bluetooth not connected to the phone, but with the cable connected?

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes an no, It comes with a cable so that you can go wired, but the microphone is on the headphones.
I tested it today, talked for 45 minutes with my brother and it was outstanding! I even brushed my teeth while we talked but it didnt seem to bother him at all, the noice canceling is exellent!

Nice! Thanks for the info.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
So you're saying the controls work with the battery drained, or Bluetooth not connected to the phone, but with the cable connected?

I have never tried it since the battery haven't drained on me yet. But I cant find any info in the manual or on the web that says that the controls shouldn't work if the battery is drained if you use the cable. It does say that the noise canceling doesn't work, my guess is that it requires more power than the 3,5 mm can supply.

And if it doesn't work, I would be very interested to know why since it would be as easy as it is on any type of headset where the controls are on the cable 10 cm from where they are placed on the headset and when they are part of the same circuit.

Im sorry if you misunderstood, Im not arguing with you, I was genuinely interested in why they wouldn't work 10 cm up on the cable, thought maybe you knew something I didn't? :)

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I was just curious.

On every other bt headset that had a jack for non-powered use, the controls on the headset itself didn't work when the unit was off.

An easy way to check is to turn the bt off on your phone, connect the headset to the phone via cable, and attempt to use the controls that are on the side of the headset. I would be shocked if they work.

By the way, I would hardly expect them to work, and I don't consider it to be a flaw in the unit. As an aficionado of bt headsets, I'm very excited to try these out. I've owned almost all of the high-end bt sets, and hope these compare to the Harmon Kardon set, which I currently consider the best.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I was just curious.

On every other bt headset that had a jack for non-powered use, the controls on the headset itself didn't work when the unit was off.

An easy way to check is to turn the bt off on your phone, connect the headset to the phone via cable, and attempt to use the controls that are on the side of the headset. I would be shocked if they work.

By the way, I would hardly expect them to work, and I don't consider it to be a flaw in the unit. As an aficionado of bt headsets, I'm very excited to try these out. I've owned almost all of the high-end bt sets, and hope these compare to the Harmon Kardon set, which I currently consider the best.

I turned the bluetooth of on my phone, connected the cable, and..........They worked :)

Only problem is, was the power from the cable enough, or did it steal some from the battery?

If you are a fan of BT headsets you would love these, it feels premium and they have thought about my favorite thing, details :)
( even the box was premium)

EDIT: When i put in the cable it does the "power of" sound and voice so maybe they do work after all.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I turned the bluetooth of on my phone, connected the cable, and..........They worked :)

Only problem is, was the power from the cable enough, or did it steal some from the battery?

If you are a fan of BT headsets you would love these, it feels premium and they have thought about my favorite thing, details :)
( even the box was premium)

EDIT: When i put in the cable it does the "power of" sound and voice so maybe they do work after all.

I understand that you still get sound with the bt off. I'm asking about the controls. Next track, volume, etc. Do those work with the bt off? I'm not expecting them to, but your implication that they do has my curiosity up.

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I understand that you still get sound with the bt off. I'm asking about the controls. Next track, volume, etc. Do those work with the bt off? I'm not expecting them to, but your implication that they do has my curiosity up.

He he, I understood you, and what I meant was.
I turnet the BT of on the phone, plugged in the cable, put on some music, listened, then changed track and adjusted the volume with the buttons on the headset. They still work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3