Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So they are saying this controller will be available for Windows Phone 8 on April 15th. Will the be a specific version? Or do you just buy the same sold for the Android and its a simple software update? Anyone know the situation with this? Thanks.
    Developer

I can't tell what is going on with this. I'm pretty excited about getting one, but I can only find the 'Android' version. So far it doesn't look like Gameloft is supporting this on Windows Phone (which for me would be the main reason to get one - it is supported in the Android versions of Dark Knight Rises and MC4, but not on Windows Phone as of yet at least) - so I'm not sure what games will even support it other than the drift game that WPC previewed it with. I inquired about a WP version of the SDK for developers weeks ago but never got a response back from MOGA.

Moga announced and released the SDK during GDC. WPCentral reported on it twice. By my understanding, the Moga Pro will work with Windows Phone. I don't think there's a different version of the controller specifically for Windows Phone, but I might be wrong.

In a related note, I've been looking for any announcements of games that will support the Moga Pro on Windows Phone, but haven't found anything. Here's to hoping that there will be some kind of announce on game support when he controller starts shipping. I'd kill for Modern Combat 4 support!
  4.    #4  
    Why the hell wouldn't Gameloft support it for MC4? Completely stupid. Would take a very good game and make it the cat's ***
  5.    #5  
    So I contacted Moga about the situation. I love it when companies know nothing about their products, yet their PR department is running around telling you it is available TODAY. Complete clowns. This was their response:

Hello Jason,

Thanks for writing to us. Unfortunately, the MOGA Controller does not work with Windows phones, it only works with Android devices at this time. Should this ever change, we will make announcements on our website and social media outlets. Please stay tuned to them for future MOGA news.

Sincerely,
    Aaron
    PowerA
    Developer

Well that certainly isn't a very encouraging response. Maybe we can get Paul to contact them and get some answers. Also, I just checked out the Amazon page to see about possibly ordering one anyway but they are showing a backorder now (Usually ships within 3 to 4 weeks)
    Does windows phone even allow this? Microsoft would need to release a firmware update allowing this if I'm correct. Hell I don't even think RT can support this.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    Does windows phone even allow this? Microsoft would need to release a firmware update allowing this if I'm correct. Hell I don't even think RT can support this.
    That's the first thing I thought when I saw this post come up: Hands-on with the MOGA Pro Controller and Windows Phone at GDC | Windows Phone Central, but it looks like they've figure it out somehow - or maybe the reason we haven't seen the WP version yet is because they are waiting for a firmware update?

I really want one of these, hope its fully supported! Mc4 would be cool with this and snes8x.
    Writer

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    It's definitely compatible with Windows Phone right out of the gate. Not sure why that PowerA employee got his response so wrong.
    Of course, it will also take a while for games to actually start supporting the controller.
    Games Editor - Windows Central
    Email: paul.acevedo@windowscentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/EastXtwitch - Please subscribe to my channel and tune in for broadcasts!
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acevedo View Post
    It's definitely compatible with Windows Phone right out of the gate. Not sure why that PowerA employee got his response so wrong.
    Of course, it will also take a while for games to actually start supporting the controller.
    Thanks Paul! That's why I love this site.
    So how about RT?
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    So how about RT?
    I unfortunately don't have an RT device (got the surface pro) to test with, but I would assume it would pick it up as a bluetooth gamepad? Not sure if it would be considered a direct x device or not though so maybe not.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Acevedo View Post
    So I can order a pro controller now, even though it says it only supports Android 2.3+ and I should be good still?
    Writer

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missionsparta View Post
    So I can order a pro controller now, even though it says it only supports Android 2.3+ and I should be good still?
    Yes.

About the RT question, the controller would work with RT if the company created an SDK for RT and then RT games supported it. AFAIK, no such support has been announced. Also, PowerA sadly does not intend to create a general Windows driver for the controller, so no using the controller with a PC... which is short-sighted IMO.
    Games Editor - Windows Central
    Email: paul.acevedo@windowscentral.com
    Twitter: @PaulRAcevedo
    Twitch: Twitch.tv/EastXtwitch - Please subscribe to my channel and tune in for broadcasts!
    Developer

Ah, that's a shame about no driver for PC. I'm also curious, without a specific Windows Phone version for the MOGA Pro - how are they (and developers) going to know how well it is selling for that genre of device - and as such, whether or not it is worth it for WP developers to support in their games.
    Developer

I got this response:

Thank you for contacting us. At this time, the only information we have announced is that we have made the SDK available to Windows Apps developers. We have not official timeline as to if and when the MOGA Pro will support Windows devices. Should this happen, we will make an announcement on our website and social media outlets. Please stay tuned for any future news. Thanks again for your time and for your interest in the MOGA Pro.

Sincerely,

Dan
    MOGA Customer Support

I'm wondering since WP8 doesn't support HID gamepad input, how can this possibly work without some sort of firmware update or third party program (doesn't it use the Pivot app to connect on Android? Or does it just connect as a regular bluetooth gamepad on Android?)

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRanger509 View Post
    Moga announced and released the SDK during GDC. WPCentral reported on it twice.
    That may be true, but there isn't anywhere on their site to actually get the WP SDK, the one on their development page is only for Android devices. I sent them an email requesting a copy of the WP SDK several weeks ago and haven't heard back from them at all.

Are these controllers supported by wp8 now? We have them in work but they seem to be android only. Moga pro looks quite nice :)

I'd love to see WPCentral make a list of games that support the controller. Can anyone confirm if SNES8x and vNESLight Pro support WP8?
    James
    Nokia Lumia 928
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
    I'd love to see WPCentral make a list of games that support the controller. Can anyone confirm if SNES8x and vNESLight Pro support WP8?
    I can't confirm but I don't think so and I doubt it will be added - the developer abandoned those apps, right?
    Developer

They have the WP8 SDK on their website now so hopefully more games will be incoming. I'm afraid with an official gamepad api coming to iOS 7 in the coming weeks that Microsoft is going to lose yet another battle here - they really need to step up their xbox game on WP and get an official xbox gamepad api going or something like that.

I just got the moga pro and works well with Asphalt 8, emupsx, snes8x and vba8 on lumia 920 running GDR2 (amber)

Does the controller now work with MC4 and nova?? Thanks

Global Posts
    793 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if the controller works with Castle of Illusions. I may pick one up today and give it a try. :)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast