Nokia CR-200 wireless charging car holder feedback?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Could you post a link on Amazon?

The whole disk, suction cup, holder that came with my CR-123 and I use everyday with my Lumia 920 has remained firmly put for months now. I swear I had no faith in it at the beginning, but it's durable.

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so now it happened. Warm day in Germany, I went to the office. When I got back to the car in the afternoon, the holder was on the ground. The phone was not in the car. I had it attached to the dashboard without the disk. The disk came off yesterday already after a few minutes. I did clean the dashboard with Windex to remove the dust and dirt, obviously that did not help.
During lunch break, I bought one of these: HAMA ADAPTERPL.SAUGHALTER,85 MM SELBSTKL im Conrad Online Shop | 370540 That also did not work.
Well, so the whole setup is just to heavy to support it with the sticky tape. Now I consider either cutting off the suction cup base and bolt the charger to a Brodit Proclip Amazon.com: Brodit ProClip BMW 316-330/M3 98-04 #852599: Cell Phones & Accessories or bolting the suction cup to the dashboard. Lets see what the weekend will bring...

jlanzac

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
what about the mobility of the body? is it possible to move it or not? The main problem I see is that the stand is to short and you cannot put it on a glass.

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
The Problem is just that my dashboard texture is too pronounced and the phone - charger combo is too heavy for the glue...

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I now sawed off the ball joint, took the charging plate apart, drilled two holes in the lower case part and bolted them on a Brodit ProClip. Works very nicely. Luckily my vents are a bit driver-oriented, so the readability is pretty good.

badari

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I didn't bother trying, I do not like things obstructing my vision. I really cannot believe how some people get the idea of mounting an intransparent 5" head-up display smack in their field of vision. (Poddie: Not implying that you would do it that way:))

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I think if you mount it very low and not in the middle it works great. Just have to be smart about placement. ;-)

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the mount and the 928 photos and it seems the actual side grips may actually be gripping the camera key. I was thinking of getting this but think it will not fit.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the mount and the 928 photos and it seems the actual side grips may actually be gripping the camera key. I was thinking of getting this but think it will not fit.

The actual pinch points on the side appear to be very small. There is maybe a 1 inch gap between the camera and the power on my Lumia 920. I do agree that the 928 looks to have a higher camera button than the 920/925, but the grip pad on the CR200 appear to only be maybe 0.5 inches, so it looks like it will fit the gap on all the phones.

ALTHOUGH! For what it is worth...the Lumia 928 is NOT listed as a recommended phone, BUT, the CR-200 is not "available" in the US and the Lumia 928 is not available World Wide...so they aren't going to say they are compatible if you can't buy both in 1 country.

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/cr-200/

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope the designers kept this in mind. I have too many car holders that press the buttons on the side, I hope it will not be a problem. I hope the US version has a slightly different position for us 928 users. I was looking at the images and it is very close (maybe half the button)...are the grips rounded inward?

nokia_920_wireless_charging_car_holder_cr200_port_rgb.jpg

The actual pinch points on the side appear to be very small. There is maybe a 1 inch gap between the camera and the power on my Lumia 920. I do agree that the 928 looks to have a higher camera button than the 920/925, but the grip pad on the CR200 appear to only be maybe 0.5 inches, so it looks like it will fit the gap on all the phones.

ALTHOUGH! For what it is worth...the Lumia 928 is NOT listed as a recommended phone, BUT, the CR-200 is not "available" in the US and the Lumia 928 is not available World Wide...so they aren't going to say they are compatible if you can't buy both in 1 country.

Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder Overview - Nokia

TraciLords

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Woot!
I placed my order for a CR-200 from Clove UK yesterday.
It shipped out today, and FedEx expects delivery to me in Canada on Monday morning.

I've been reading this thread to see where I can mount mine.
I think I'll stay away from the mounting pad and use the glass.
As for vision, I think that Poddie is right. I'll just mount it lower and off to the corner to keep it out of my line of sight.

I'll know better next week when I get it.

Ian Datson

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I got the CR-200 today and it is a pretty sweet piece of kit. The only real problem I have with it is that the NFC part of the phone is on the wrong end! It only works on the top of the phone so if you put the phone in that way around the buttons get mashed by the holder. If you put it is the other way so the button don't get mashed, it doesn't trigger the NFC! So my work around is to tap the top of the phone against the NFC bit in the holder and put it in the other way! Also wish there was a way to automatically accept the NFC data without pressing accept on the phone.

Ian Datson

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
It will if you put the Top (or Nokia) end in the cradle nearest the NFC bit but then the buttons are in the wrong place! As I found out, it also helps if you turn on NFC on the phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa