Nokia CR-200 wireless charging car holder feedback?

Protrek

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ive Got a problem With mine today. The clamp broke..... Will not Lock...
I demont The cr200 again to se whats wrong, and it was dissepointing to see The plastic Inside The Lock mecanism was broken in 4 parts... Since i did modificate it before i cant Return it to The dealer. So i mount a couple og bolt in it and its allways locked to the lumia 920 size.....

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I received mine a week ago and after 6 days of use, my clamp broke as well. I opened it up and found at least 2-3 pieces of broken plastic from a piece of the mechanism. I think I may have been over tightening it. I spoke to MobileFun and they quickly agreed to replace it. I was told to mail my broken unit to their Brooklyn facility and they will DHL me a new one. Hopefully I will have better luck the 2nd time around.

ricsip

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
If somebody could do a favor, and read the CR-200 NFC tag with an NFC tag reader app, and post the content here, I can test if the tag can be programmed to a cheap sticker as well, to activate the driving mode on my 920?

nite732

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Well I just received mine. I Love it. I pur it in the car and it holds well. I also stick it on my desk and it sits good. I like the build and I have moved it around and it doesn't seem like it will leave a lot of residue.

Attachments

• IMG_00000027.jpg
    IMG_00000027.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_00000028.jpg
    IMG_00000028.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_00000030.jpg
    IMG_00000030.jpg
    335.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_00000031.jpg
    IMG_00000031.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 5

Davidxjh

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I just received mine. I Love it. I pur it in the car and it holds well. I also stick it on my desk and it sits good. I like the build and I have moved it around and it doesn't seem like it will leave a lot of residue.

I notice that you have both wireless charger for the car and also DT-900, I'm just wondering if I can use the CR-200 inside the room just change the charger wire? Otherwise I have to buy two wireless chargers :(

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Can the cradle be taken out of the base so that the ball can be put into other mounts? I would like to find a base to more permanently mount into the car to accept the ball on the cradle. I have had enough of my GPS loosing suction and falling on the floor. I found a part that can be mounted to the side of the radio and has a ball on it which would be a nice mount for me if the ball is compatible.
http://www.arkon.com/Vehicle_Specific_GPS_Mounts.php

Last edited:

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have to say...it doesn't seem like it. There is an adhesive on the suction cup, I stuck it on once and it has not fallen off yet. My car bakes in the SFLA heat on a daily basis...

hipporama

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Got mine a couple of days back (India - ordered it from Mobilefun). Bloody expensive but WOW. The build quality is phenomenal. I haven't had the broken clamp issue yet. It feels very sturdy and works amazing for my 920. Dumped my dedicated car GPS and have started using HERE Drive+ exclusively. It's absolutely amazing!

marcelobaggio

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have only just received my CR-200 put cannot get the NFC app to appear when I connect it, even after tapping the nfc area a few times. Can somebody advise me what to do? When i connect it to the unit it just charges and shows my lock screen, the NFC app selection does not appear???!!

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I haven't purchased the CR-200 yet but make sure that NFC is turned on in settings and I believe the phone has to be unlocked.

ifitzgerald

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please re-confirm from their experience that this holder actually can charge if using GPS and cellular data? My experience has been that the charging rate on the Qi standard is low (500ma?) and it cannot "keep up" and will actually discharge faster than it can recharge?

Thanks, please advise.

-Rob

I just got my charger a few days ago and I'm struggling with this a lot. My commute to work is about 35 minutes, and the very first day my battery discharged 8% on the way to work. I didn't have bluetooth on, only had Drive+ running for about 5 minutes, and the phone was idle on the Nokia car app with the screen on the rest of the time. Similar story on the way home that day.

Today it was even worse... but I used Drive+ the entire way to work just to see what would happen. I lost 20%.

I'm sure part of the problem is that I'm driving in and out of LTE, and whenever I'm on LTE my battery drains super fast... I'm wondering if the phone doesn't turn off my HSPA+ radio when it's using LTE or something, but I guess that's a problem for another day.

I've been corresponding with @NokiaCareUS and they suggested that I do a hard reset of my phone (volume down + power for 10 seconds), and that I disable ALL background tasks (I only had a single weather app enabled).

Today, my phone charged 2% on the way home while using Drive+ and chatting via a bluetooth headset for 10 minutes... so I suppose that's an improvement. Overall I'm pretty disappointed though, and depending on how things go, I may end up returning the device. It's too expensive to not actually charge my phone.

I'm also having problems with the car app itself - the weather shows the right city most of the time, but sometimes it's a city with the same name in another state. e.g., if I'm in Springfield, IL it may show the weather for Springfield, MO. On a few occasions the app thought I was in France. Also, whenever I launch Drive+ through the app I get an error screen complaining about invalid parameters, but it works fine after dismissing the error. Launching Drive+ normally, by itself, always works fine.

Anyone else having issues like these?

slivovica

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I bought car holder cr-200 yesterday and I have some communication problem with my Lumia 820. When starting Here Drive+ using its native shortcut-it works fine. When starting Here Drive+ from the “CR-200 Car App” app results in an error "Parameters are incorrect version; Incorrect protocol version; Incorrect path; Missing parameter". heredrive_error.jpg. If I click the “OK” button on the error, the Here Drive+ app starts normally. Has anyone seen this issue before and know how I can fix it?

Edit 13.11.2013: Problem was solved after today update HERE Drive+ to 4.0.5399 vesion.

Last edited:

Gagman

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I bought car holder cr-200 yesterday and I have some communication problem with my Lumia 820. When starting Here Drive+ using its native shortcut-it works fine. When starting Here Drive+ from the “CR-200 Car App” app results in an error "Parameters are incorrect version; Incorrect protocol version; Incorrect path; Missing parameter". If I click the “OK” button on the error, the Here Drive+ app starts normally. Has anyone seen this issue before and know how I can fix it?

I've got the same. CR-200 bought today...
I think it can be caused by Amber, "accesories" app update or just CR-200 firmware. Can anyone confirm?

flamingworm

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I have the error since Drive+ came out of beta, thought it would be fixed with amber but it isn't. What I do find annoying however is; before amber NFC worked on the lock screen, phone would unlock itself, you give in your unlock code if you had set one, you confirm action and the cr200 app would start. Since Amber I have to unlock my phone manually, tap NFC and tap the phone to confirm action... one step more in a process that has allready a step too much (the confirmation) hope this will get fixed soon

Rob Hills

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I replaced a CR-123 with a CR-200 for my Nokia 920.

The installation in the car was anything but straightforward. The instructions mention that the suction cup might leave a permanent mark on some dashboards and to avoid this the mounting plate should be used. The suction cup was very stable on the dashboard of my car but after trying it in a few positions I was left with several unsightly circles that hopefully will fade in time. I was a bit worried that the mounting plate would make an even more permanent mark on the dashboard but in fact it didn't stick at all well and certainly left no mark.

Luckily I still had the unused mounting plate from the CR123. This was about 1 cm larger in diameter than the one supplied with the CR200 and worked perfectly.

Since then I have noticed that in some YouTube reviews, folk have mounted the CR200 directly on the windscreen. I am a little concerned about leaving the charger in view when parking the car as it is a signal to thieves that there might be other electronic goodies in the car. I therefore like to remove the charger and hide it out of view under the seat.

The NFC paring is unreliable. I'm not sure if this is due to precedure i.e. should I unlock the screen before pairing it and should the car ignition be on or off? As a workaround I have the Car Mode app installed so that the hidden car application can be launched manually but this really should not be necessary. These things should just work out of the box.

I'm not very happy with the power cable which is very untidy. I much preferred the spring coiled cable of the Nokia charger that I used with the CR-123.

At least the CR-200 is a solution to the problem of needing to keep the screen unlocked in order to make calls using the steering wheel control of the bluetooth car kit. As it turns out this could have been achieved by simply downloading the free Car Mode app!

Last edited:

uselessrobot

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The photos of the CR-200 aren't very clear. Can anyone confirm if the unit uses a standard ball-and-socket pivot? I installed a holder some time ago in my car that works with my Garmin holder. Basically, you just pull the holder from the suction cup arm and install it in this. It's a fairly standard setup but that doesn't mean that Nokia adopted it.

It would be nice if I could transfer the holder over to that instead of being stuck using Nokia's base. Unfortunately, it seems like Nokia put the ball end on the holder itself, which is disappointing.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster