Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Anyone got one of these? I'm interested in getting one and would appreciate some user feedback. I'm particularly keen to know what surfaces it can adhere to. Does the surface have to be absolutely smooth or not? Thanks.

I've got the CR-123 and it's got the strongest suction grip I've ever come across, so I would think the CR-200 is going to be much the same. If so then it will stick to most dashboards without any problem.
    Lumia 930 | Surface Pro 3 |

is it available already? been looking into the brodit one. this one looks like a universal thing just with a wireless charger included - the brodit one is just for the 920 and it slides nicely into it.
    is the cam free on this mount?

markfive, thanks.

adrian1338, I've seen it here Nokia Wireless Charging NFC Car Holder - CR-200.

Now you mention it, it does look like a universal holder, but it's claimed to be for the 720/820/920. Incidentally, I bought the Brodit holder (and just the holder) for my 820. It's a beautiful piece. The phone fits into it perfectly, although maybe a bit too perfectly. The fit's a bit tight. I've still to find a suction mount for the Brodit holder, though. If this CR-200 is up to the job I'll probably go with that. The Brodit holder on it's own still makes a great desktop holder for the phone.

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    AFAIK the CR-200 is not at retail availability yet, at least not where I am (U.S.). Hopefully soon though, looks really cool

Global Posts
    1,330 Global Posts
    One random site had a May release for 69euro

Yep, you guys are right. It's not available yet. My apologies. I thought mobilefun.co.uk had it in stock, but after seeing the last two posts I re-checked. They're saying due in stock in 1 month, which I missed. Sorry.

this appears to be available everywhere but north or south America any idea why?
    Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder Overview - Nokia

I want it! And it's nowhere to be found :(

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    Supposed to be out in May. So hopefully soon

Hi, I just found the specs of the CR-200. Looks like it delivers only 750 mA. Might not be enough for simultaneous navigation and mobile data... Anybody got hold of the charger yet?

And it is not listed on wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products/

Waiting for this as well. It's a little pricey but looks solid and want to take advantage of the wireless charging. I have the stand at home and love it.

It is now listed here: wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products. Hope it ships soon, ordered mine on Amazon....

Quote Originally Posted by badari View Post
    It is now listed here: wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products. Hope it ships soon, ordered mine on Amazon....
    Hmmm, I see one available on Amazon which makes me think this thing is still not out. If you get it, please post your thoughts.

Thanks

Got mine today, woohoo. Charging works nicely, Wifi, BT, Phone call, 3G Data, and Navigating at the same time and the battery got charged. I am a bit sceptical about the suction cup, the dashboard of my car has a pretty textured surface. Let's see how long that will last. Nokia included a disk with adhesive, that was totally useless, the 920 unstucked it after less than a minute standing still...

Nice, keep us posted on the suction cup I never liked those disks with double sided tape, they always fall off
    I hope 920 will also get that app that they were showing off for this charger
    Got mine today, woohoo. Charging works nicely, Wifi, BT, Phone call, 3G Data, and Navigating at the same time and the battery got charged. I am a bit sceptical about the suction cup, the dashboard of my car has a pretty textured surface. Let's see how long that will last. Nokia included a disk with adhesive, that was totally useless, the 920 unstucked it after less than a minute standing still...

Yeah, the app is not available yet and I have not programmed the NFC tag yet. Will do this tomorrow...

Nice! You must be in Europe. I don't see any on an amazon search in the US. Really want this thing!

Regarding suction cup, would it stay better to the glass?

And if the suction cup does not work on the dashboard, I'LL attach the disk with a screw through the dashboard.

Could you post a link on Amazon?

The whole disk, suction cup, holder that came with my CR-123 and I use everyday with my Lumia 920 has remained firmly put for months now. I swear I had no faith in it at the beginning, but it's durable.

It's from an Amazon shop in Germany: http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00BRPS...a-21&m1k=vb_wp

Ok, so now it happened. Warm day in Germany, I went to the office. When I got back to the car in the afternoon, the holder was on the ground. The phone was not in the car. I had it attached to the dashboard without the disk. The disk came off yesterday already after a few minutes. I did clean the dashboard with Windex to remove the dust and dirt, obviously that did not help.
    During lunch break, I bought one of these: HAMA ADAPTERPL.SAUGHALTER,85 MM SELBSTKL im Conrad Online Shop | 370540 That also did not work.
    Well, so the whole setup is just to heavy to support it with the sticky tape. Now I consider either cutting off the suction cup base and bolt the charger to a Brodit Proclip Amazon.com: Brodit ProClip BMW 316-330/M3 98-04 #852599: Cell Phones & Accessories or bolting the suction cup to the dashboard. Lets see what the weekend will bring...

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    what about the mobility of the body? is it possible to move it or not? The main problem I see is that the stand is to short and you cannot put it on a glass.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast