Is Wireless Charging really that awesome?

urseus

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Its the future of all devices. Imagine sitting down at a cafe and as soon as you put your phone on the table its charging. Everything you do in your life its getting incremental charges. That's why apple changed their plug to get s last drop of cash out of people before all devices go wireless charge. I know its stupid but I early bother plugging in when I go about my day at work, but will put down to charge.

isi mcf

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
With my new 1020, I just remembered how to use the USB cable. I've been using wireless charging for so long now I almost forgot what a wall charger was.

Jeff Merritt1

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it's amazing. I have an upcoming project to take an old hallway table and install the chargers underneath the top and use it that way. As for now, I have a pad on my bed stand table and I use the CR-200 (wireless car charger(which is nothing short of amazing)). I won't go back to the old way. LOVE my 920!

clemgrad85

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I came from a Palm Pre 3 and really enjoyed the wireless charging. It was convenient to just put it down when I came into my office and seems like I rarely left my office without my phone being totally charged. I do have a question. I have not purchased the charging shell yet, but I'm curious if my 1020 with charging shell would work on my Palm wireless charger? Does it have to be the Nokia charger? Thanks.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't call it great, but it's a nice convenience. I love that it was free with my 920, but I wouldn't pay $50 for the charger to get the feature, let alone $50 for the charger AND the price of a charging cover.

LMZR

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately the 520 doesn't take Wireless Charging, it would have been awesome if it could, but once i get a 920 or 925 I'll get a Wireless charging plate and case (If i get the 925)

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I have to admit that I've been using my plate quite a bit now and find that it is a great convenience to just place my phone on the plate next to my bed at night and let it charge overnight. This is a bit of a u-turn on my previous comments.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got a second plate for $25 at ATT, not sure if that promotion is still going.

Plugging in a cable at the end of the day is not a big deal, but just being able to lay the phone down to charge at home and at work is a lot nicer!

Jonny3872

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Having broken a previous phone's micro usb port trying to plug it in at night, upside down, for me wireless charging is a great feature.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Having broken a previous phone's micro usb port trying to plug it in at night, upside down, for me wireless charging is a great feature.

That's a very good point as well. Not having to constantly plug and unplug a USB cable will help to preserve the port on the phone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yes it is really that awesome. As others have said, I too have three chargers spread around the house. The few days I had my 1020 before I got the charging shell were absolute torture ;)

multo

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't say awesome but it is very convenient. Love how you can just place the phone on the table and that's it

Sent from my Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

anon(5346288)

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes definitely awesome. I have a Nokia 810 with a RED wireless charging shell as well as a cyan and it is pretty cool to just set it down. It does tend to get a bit warm after a while but overall its awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99