Moga Controller Compatibility List

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Windows Phone Central's MOGA controller compatibility thread! A company called Power A makes a series of MOGA controllers, which are marketed at the Android market. But all non-iOS MOGA controllers are all compatible with Windows Phone 8 devices. Games and apps must be MOGA-enabled by their developers in order to work with the controller.

Games
Emulators
Other
In development (not yet available)
  • Solar Warfare - Launched but MOGA support is currently broken
Articles about MOGA (impressions, etc.)

Last edited:

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
IDK if the moga doesn't... But if it doesn't, what would be better is for the remote to have a rechargeable battery and a USB plug for charging the phone while you play.

Edit: or make the back plate wirelessly charge the phone

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Here's what I've tried so far (and worked):
Games:
  1. Asphalt 8
  2. Drift Mania Championship 2
  3. Street outlaws

Emulators:
  1. EMUPSX (latest version)
  2. SNES8X (latest version)
  3. VBA8 (latest version)

nCogNeato

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Here's what I've tried so far (and worked):
Games:
  1. Asphalt 8
  2. Drift Mania Championship 2
  3. Street outlaws

Emulators:
  1. EMUPSX (latest version)
  2. SNES8X (latest version)
  3. VBA8 (latest version)

Thank you. I'd love to see this list expanded with input from others. Here's my contribution (borrowed from various discussions on various forums).

I theorize all Android MOGA controllers are built on the same hardware, therefore all should be compatible with WP8. However, since I am probably wrong, I am specifying the MOGA controllers that I have not yet seen successfully paired with WP8.

MOGA devices compatible with Windows Phone 8

Games compatible with MOGA

Emulators compatible with MOGA

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends!

My girlfriend wants to buy me a MOGA Pro POWER for my Lumia 920 (WP8), but we are not sure to buy it since we don't know if this newer device is compatible with my phone. This list says it's unconfirmed at the moment. Is there any update on this?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello friends!

My girlfriend wants to buy me a MOGA Pro POWER for my Lumia 920 (WP8), but we are not sure to buy it since we don't know if this newer device is compatible with my phone. This list says it's unconfirmed at the moment. Is there any update on this?

Thank you!

All Moga controllers should be compatible with WP8 devices. If in doubt, you could try to purchase from somewhere that allows you to return it.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hello friends!

Thank you!

The new Pro Power and Hero Power controllers are compatible with WP8 too. I received both controllers as a gift from MOGA!

SuperJMN

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I got my MOGA Pro Power. I'm very happy with it. However, I noticed an annoying input lag when using it with my Lumia 920. It's about 0.4 seconds between presses and the real reaction, no matter the game or emulator. Anyone with the same problem? I tested it against GDR3 Preview and with Lumia Black.

Maybe a laggy Bluetooth implementation?

I paired the gamepad to my PC using Bluetooth and Mode B (HID mode) and it works with no lag at all, perfectly. So I think its either the BT drivers (or stack) or the SKD, badly programmed. Please, share your comments.

Thanks!

Sent from my RM-821_eu_spain_435 using Tapatalk

inertiaNokia

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! I just purchased the MOGA Pro Power controller. I have a Nokia Lumia 928 with GDR3 installed. For some reason, the controller is not working. Its not registering for Asphalt, SNESX or VGBC8. Does it matter if I pair it to WiFi A or WiFi B ( the switch at the bottom of the controller). When I pair the device, it unpairs itself rather quickly in the settings menu. I've gone into the game settings to make sure KOGA is enabled, but still no luck :/ . any help would be appreciated !

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys! I just purchased the MOGA Pro Power controller. I have a Nokia Lumia 928 with GDR3 installed. For some reason, the controller is not working. Its not registering for Asphalt, SNESX or VGBC8. Does it matter if I pair it to WiFi A or WiFi B ( the switch at the bottom of the controller). When I pair the device, it unpairs itself rather quickly in the settings menu. I've gone into the game settings to make sure KOGA is enabled, but still no luck :/ . any help would be appreciated !

After the controllers connects in the menu, it doesn't matter if it disconnects a few seconds later. It should be recognized as long as it doesn't go into sleep mode before launching the game. Relaunch the games/emulators if necessary. The MOGA only works during gameplay on the emulators, not the menus. It should work during the menus and everywhere in Asphalt. Good luck!

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I have to remove every other Bluetooth profile to make it work.
And it lags a bit.

I use it with Desktop Windows too, using ZeeMouse.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a friend show me one of these on his Android phones today, and it is pretty freaking cool. Is there a updated list of apps that support the MOGA controller on Windows Phone, does Moder Combat 4, Batman, Spyder Man support this controller ? Has anyone tried it ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3