Treasure Tag WS-2 beeping incessantly

gildedsplinters

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Setup a Treasure Tag on my wife's Lumia 925 with 8.0/Black.

Successfully pair the Treasure Tag with the phone, turn off all alerts, yet the treasure tag still beeps randomly. At first, I thought it was because the tag was away from the phone, but it seems to just be random. Either way, since alerts are all turned off, beeping shouldn't happen unless she hits locate on the phone. Have restarted phone, tag, re-paired, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

gildedsplinters

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I think I've got reproducing the issue down. The beep is definitely when the tag reconnects (it is a beepbeepBEEP sound). Basically, my wife keeps her tag on her keys in her purse and has her phone on her desk at work, or in another room at home, the tag is just far enough to constantly connect/disconnect. I've reproduced reliably by leaving the phone in one room, taking the tag in another, waiting a few minutes, then coming back. As soon as the tag is within a few feet of the phone, beepbeepBEEP!

My question is, does anyone know if this reconnect noise is by design and if so, WHAT WAS NOKIA THINKING??? It is beyond irritating. We've only had the tag for about 5 days and already it's driving us both crazy. I hope they come up with some way to silence it if it is by design.

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm using my tag with a 1520 and does beep on a re-connect as well. Nokia really needs to work on these tags to make it really useful.

The page function initiated from the phone must generate louder and longer beep. (The tag's built in speaker is capable since the out of range beep is already much louder!)

Another VERY important improvement would be the user being able to customize the sound (at least the volume) your phones makes to warn when phone and tag are separated. When this happens the tag makes a pretty loud siren sound but the phone just plays a short tone. Very unlogical since most of the times people take the phone and forget the tagged "treasure" and the forgotten treasure makes the most sound!

Also bluetooth (LTE) connection and Treasure Tag app is not stable enough. I have already experienced multiple times the tag could not be found even when laying next to the phone. Or the page function did not work while the software stated the tag was connected. And once the software even requested a new pairing of the tag!!!! Nice if that happends when you really lost your "treasure".....NOT!!

Lets hope Nokia has made these things with a flashable firmware (over bluetooth)

LikeLumia

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not impressed with how they work.
Last two weeks it was disconnected multiple times requiring to register the tag again in the treasure tag app.
Really hope the Cyan update makes the connection more stable, or perhaps the treasure tag itself needs to be updated

mpnevess

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Having the same problem here.... my tag is next to my phone and every so often starting beeping and then I get a notification to say that I probably forgot my tag.... Quite annoying to be honest!

I might send the tag back and wait until Microsoft fixes this issue!

j3reun

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Same issues here, i'm also going to send it back.
My 'regular' tag works quite well but the TTmini is a disaster... beeps to ask if i forgot my keys even if the tag is nearly ON the Phone..

Ali Assaedi

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
my tag keeps beeping too all the time..
to me it seems like a bluetooth issue, the connections keeps on dropping.. the more i use the internet (weak wifi, that also dc from time to time), especially upload. the tag just becomes crazy..

and by design, i think(havent tested it yet).. everytime the tag disconnects, the treasure tag app should open the gps, and records ur location. so that the next time u open the app, it will tell u where was the last time the tag was connected.. sounds great, except the tag disconnects all the time, at home, battery will suffer if thats how it works :(

vgian

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issue also.
My Tag mini is just unusable for me, every 30 secs drops connection:angry:
I hope Microsoft solves this problem quickly, otherwise I have lost some hard earned Euros...
(L620 with Cyan and the latest Developer Preview)

Update: Just bought L730 (Denim). Guess what, the problems are still (exactly) the same, so disappointed...

Last edited:

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Setup a Treasure Tag on my wife's Lumia 925 with 8.0/Black.

Successfully pair the Treasure Tag with the phone, turn off all alerts, yet the treasure tag still beeps randomly. At first, I thought it was because the tag was away from the phone, but it seems to just be random. Either way, since alerts are all turned off, beeping shouldn't happen unless she hits locate on the phone. Have restarted phone, tag, re-paired, etc.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thinking about buying the treasure tag for my wife and wanted to see if these issues have been resolved. Thoughts and recommendation?

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte