I have the Nokia DT 903 Wireless Charger

Jan Sochor

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have the Nokia Wireless Charger DT-903. It's working as advertised, paring up with the phone is instant. You can add up to 5 apps to display the notifications by the flashing light on the charger.

Only thing that one has to get used to is that the charger is making a slight electric high pitch ticking noise (every 0.25sec), when the phone is charging. You can hear the ticks from up to 0,5m id say (I have an 830)... The volume of the noise should go down if you don't have a phone with metal frame (735,1520 etc...) - at least that's what I've read on forums about the technology of wireless charing, haven't had the chance to test it out yet...

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Last edited:

emiel1976

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I hope that there will come a version like the DT-910. I have it and I love it but withe new things in it would be even better.

Boxmeer

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
I just got the DT 903, but I can't seem to find the app that lets me change the settings (what app can use the charger to notify and such).

The phone is on the charger and connected through Bluetooth. Under Settings - Device Hub it shows as connected. Opening the device there gets me a message that it can't reach the internet. The phone is connected through WiFi and G4, all other apps that require internet work. Under Settings - Accessory Apps it just says No accessory apps installed. My OS is up to date, it is Windows Phone 8.1.1 and running Lumia Denim. I also did a soft reset after the last time the phone updated.

What did you have to do to get the app on your phone, and does anyone have any idea about what I might be doing wrong?

Jan Sochor

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey, you don't need a special app, you set up everything in Device Hub - when you click on the "wireless charger" - the first page is "overview", swipe right for the "settings" page. There is the picture of the charger and a "light brightness" setting. If you click on the light brightness and set it to anything but "off", additional settings pop up - such as the app notification, night mode etc etc.

Boxmeer

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I figured it should work like that, but on my Lumia it doesn't. When I click the charger in the hub, all it tells me is that there are no apps installed and, after a few seconds, that it can't connect to the internet. I'll see if a full factory reset will get rid of the problem.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have the Nokia Wireless Charger DT-903. It's working as advertised, paring up with the phone is instant. You can add up to 5 apps to display the notifications by the flashing light on the charger.

Only thing that one has to get used to is that the charger is making a slight electric high pitch ticking noise (every 0.25sec), when the phone is charging. You can hear the ticks from up to 0,5m id say (I have an 830)... The volume of the noise should go down if you don't have a phone with metal frame (735,1520 etc...) - at least that's what I've read on forums about the technology of wireless charing, haven't had the chance to test it out yet...

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

That "ticking" issue with metal-rimmed phones would make sense given that Qi uses magnetic resonance, the metal would react with the magnetic fields (and do something I should've remembered from last year's physics notes xD)

Boxmeer

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
A full factory reset solved my problem, and a few besides. Seems the Denim update didn't completely install on my phone for whatever reason. Thanks for the help!

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Well, I've been using it for a little bit... It's really cool! It warms up my phone while using, but I don't think it's the actual phone. I think it's the pad.

Now I'm going to test my battery life while connected to it. I think my phone takes a hit while connected to the pad (via bluetooth, not charging).

Have you noticed any hits on battery life by leaving it connected to the DT903 all the time?

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
for those of you with the DT903, what are you plugging the USB into?
USB port on computer/dock?
Wall Charger?

The reason I ask is the Nokia AC60 charger that came with my Lumia 930 has 5v 1.5a output
and the DT903 charger specs have listed:
Power: Charger input current: 2500 mA
Charger input voltage: 5 V DC​

I haven't seen any spec where the output of the DT903 is listed, tho I did see a post that mentioned 1700ma
http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/343366-different-charger.html#post3005882

final_fantasy781

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
I got the white DT-903 a few days ago and used it for less than that; however. I took it to work and left it on my desk, which is probably the best place for this charging plate. I was worried about the LED white light being too dim or low, but it's actually pretty bright.

For my phone battery, I did notice a slight faster battery drain being connected to blue tooth. Before the charger, I will get into work with about 90-95% of battery and leave with about 10% to 30% left. For the one day I've had it, my phone was at 20% before close of business. This is a really tiny sample size and it's probably due to me checking my phone more often.

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Now I'm going to test my battery life while connected to it. I think my phone takes a hit while connected to the pad (via bluetooth, not charging).

Have you noticed any hits on battery life by leaving it connected to the DT903 all the time?

just got mine after many many delays in shipping.
leave it on pad on Bluetooth overnight and 100% charge in morning.... so, must be topping it up?

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Just picked up a green one of these and loving it😊 before i was not notice my missed calls n msgs immediately without regular press lock button with the 930 not having glance screen.

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
how long does it blink for after its received notification? does it go off after a little while or keep blinking till you dismiss that msg/notification - thanks

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
think it keeps blinking periodically til you clear the notification(s)
not sure if the time between the blinking sessions changes tho, never bothered to check.

on the other hand I also use the settings to have the lights off between certain times (when I sleep as the charger is on the bedside table). if it was blinking before lights out, it starts blinking again in the morning. kinda cool.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3