6. Speed
7. Naval battle x---still alpha though
8.Harbor master
9. Broiled earth

TheJerm0034

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Not in any particular order:

IMDb - Use constantly to look up cast lists / release dates.

Bank of America - Mobile banking! Waited quite a while for this one, glad it's finally here.

Spell It - Missed Words With Friends when I first moved to WP7, was surprised to find this app is actually better than Words With Friends.

The Weather Channel - In my opinion the best weather app available right now, live tile actually works.

Run Keeper - Perfect for tracking my bike rides.

My Movie Database - Great app for keeping track of my movie collection.

Flight Control - More expensive than the iPhone version, but a must buy in my book.

Flow - Very very addictive gameplay, tons of level, and FREE!

WootTracker7 - woot addicts best friend.

Bubble Birds - Another highly addictive (and free) game.

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Apps

Outdoor Trekker
Birdsong
Ztitch
Windows Phone News
Keep Me Safe
IMDB
BBC News Mobile
HTC Notes
BBC Radio2
SuperTube

Games? keeps changing depending on what I am playing.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
4th and Mayor
Alien News Free (Reddit client)
Alphajax Free
GoVoice
Wonder Reader
Netflix
Noborizaka
Graphic.ly
Xbox Live Extras (for the messaging, but I wish they would just integrate it with the people hub)
Kindle

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Apps (not in any specific order):
Easy Animator (by me!)
Grocery Total (by me!)
IMDb
MSN Movies
Chemistry Companion (by me! I am a damn research Chemist after all!)
Netflix
Quick Contact Info (by me!)
QuickEasyNote (by me! Have this guy pined to start screen and can access it without scrolling, I find it so damn useful)
Slacker
Smart Light (by me! again on start screen, hopefully with Mango APIs we can make lights to use the camera flash, have not looked into it yet since no way to test for a while)

Game (again, no order)
Flight Control
Fruit Ninja
The Harvest
ilomilo
satalaunch
Steam Castle
Teleport 7 (by me, maybe I am just old school but its super simple and I like it, to each is own)
Triangula
Eclipse
Quadra

hardrock1a

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine are all the defaults... but then my phone is sitting in the FedEx depot here awaiting delivery to me today!! YAY! Soon to join the ranks of the proud WP owners!

Lou

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
1. Hydro Thunder Go
2. Cartton TV
3. All Sports News
4. Board Express Pro
5. Netflix
6. Slick Deals
7. iheartradio
8. Parachute Panic
9. USA Today
10. Facebook

You guys should check out Cartoon TV if you haven't already. It has almost all of my favorites when I was a little kid.

rpm5101

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
1. 4th & Mayor
2. BigOven
3. WPCentral
4. The Weather Channel
5. Liquor Run
6. WP7applist
7. Accent Changer
8. USA TODAY
9. SuperTube Lite
10. Registry Editor

mYth

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Considering this is my first Windows 7 phone i only have a couple apps. I haven't done much digging around for new stuff yet though.

No particular order
Facebook
Poynt
Halo Waypoint

Small list i know. I'm really hoping for Heytell to come to the OS. It seems to be all the rage with my friends and i'm feeling a little left out.
Poynt has always been one of my favorite apps, mainly for the gas prices so i can always find the cheapest gas. Awesome, awesome app.
Halo Waypoint is obvious. I play Halo: Reach almost every single day. Its nice to see who is online and get all the news on my phone.

jcronin

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
My Top 11 (because I couldn't choose just 10), no particular order:

AP Mobile - when it works...update was supposed to be released weeks ago to address crashing and has not been. But when it doesn't crash, it's the best news app on WP7)

The Weather Channel - LiveTile works better than Weatherbugs, like the app better as well though it's a bit laggy and buggy at times

Facebook - for the stuff you don't get built in. I expect to use this less when mango comes out.

The Onion 7 - Nice Onion reader, has some issues and some things require cliking through to their site to see properly, but the big bonus for me is in the Video and Radio playback, which is much faster through the app than when using their mobile site

Telenav GPS - Pay 10 bucks a month for this, can't wait for Mango and Bing turn-by-turn. I know there are market place apps I could buy for less than 10 dollars to replace Telenav until Mango comes out, but I don't trust them. Maybe I should try one out if they have demo mode.

Amazon Kindle - Nice ereader for the phone. I read public domain classics and the occaisonal splurge on a paid ebook, the prices for which are highway robbery.

Bank Of America - No brainer if you bank with them, bill pay in particular is easier in the app than on the real website. I use safepass for logon which makes logging on to this somewhat akward, Mango and Multitasking should help with that. One thing the app is missing is picture deposit. Hopefully with Mango and the camera API addition this feature will be introduced.

Windows Phone News 7 - There are actually two apps named this and I have both. They each crawl various news sources for WP7 related content and present it up. Can't get enough WP7 news so i use both.

Walgreens - Picture/Barcode Perscription Refills

Fandango - Movie Reviews / Buy Tickets

OpenTable - The Tonight for 2 slice is awesome, provides a quick way to get a glance at what is open that night nearby for you and your SO.

Games:

Flowerz
Fruit Ninja
Need for Speed Undercover
Monopoly
Rise of Glory
The Harvest
Chicks n' Vixens
Swipey Man
Word Tangle Free
Wordament

Ninety

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've not had the phone too long, but I've been through a few apps - I haven't got ten stand out ones yet, but these are worth a mention:

Rowi - responsive, pretty, easy to use, a marked improvement over the official Twitter client and the tile adopts the theme colour instead of staying Twitter logo blue (this is a bigger plus than it should be...)
IMDb - makes full use of the Metro UI, much easier than going via browser
TuneIn Radio - an internet radio app that does everything I want it to and gets all the BBC stations (handy since they're now using a Flash-based player for radio)

Amazon Kindle is impressive too, but I can't get away with reading for long periods on a backlit screen.

I'd like to see Firefox (maybe less important after IE9 arrives in Mango), but I can't imagine that'll happen...

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Rowi - responsive, pretty, easy to use, a marked improvement over the official Twitter client and the tile adopts the theme colour instead of staying Twitter logo blue (this is a bigger plus than it should be...)

You might be interested to know that Microsoft are making this against the submission terms. To make the tile adapt to the colour of your accent you have to use a transparent live tile image, I recently got an e-mail from MS's marketplace telling me that the next version of RateYourBeer will fail certification if I use a transparent background again.

Evidently Microsoft either wants a colourful homescreen or to distinguish first party apps/hubs from third party ones.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You might be interested to know that Microsoft are making this against the submission terms. To make the tile adapt to the colour of your accent you have to use a transparent live tile image, I recently got an e-mail from MS's marketplace telling me that the next version of RateYourBeer will fail certification if I use a transparent background again.

Evidently Microsoft either wants a colourful homescreen or to distinguish first party apps/hubs from third party ones.
Thank you Microsoft. Can't stand the monochromatic look of my Start screen.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
An update to my favorites list:

1. Rowi
2. RSS Central
3. World Weather
4. Appamundi Tasks
5. WikiPanda
6. WordPress
7. Poynt