Crackdown 2 timing out

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Is Crackdown supposed to time out like it does after a minute of sitting idle? It's really annoying.

I'll be playing and just when it gets going the phone will go to a black screen and the game shuts off. When you wake it up you get the resume screen, then it does to the main screen and you have to start all over again. I don't lose any progress I make when it is active, but unlike all the other tower defense games I've played you can't walk away and let you base do it's work, I always have to keep touching something to keep it awake.

Now, i'm new to WP7. I got my Dell Venue Pro about 2 weeks ago, so i'm still learning alot about how it all works. For all i know this is how this game is supposed to work or maybe there's settings that i need to adjust that i don't know about.

Sorry for the long post for something trivial, just trying to learn all i can and figure this all out.

action_efn_jackson

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to WPC!

I never had the game itself time out. I think the time out you are experiencing is the lock & wallpaper screen setting. Go into settings and change it.

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, it's an issue with the OS and game, not you. The screen is designed to shut off and lock after a set interval (change this in Settings). The game does not stay active when the screen is locked or off, therefore every time you turn the screen back on or unlock the phone, the game needs to reload itself.

Certain apps can run and stay active under the lock screen. Unfortunately, Crackdown is not one of those apps.

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
Of course, I got so wrapped up the app I didn't think about the main OS. Makes sense now. Until the update the game to handle the screen lock, I can just change my setting and then change it back.

Thanks for the help. I've had all the smart phones, except an iPhone, so i guess I'm still looking at things like a they set their phones up. Just gotta get used to more of the ins-n-outs of wp7 i guess.

But thanks for the help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes