FIM - phishing attack?

emko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to last version of FIM. I tried to connect and it did not work at all.
It was quite suspicious so I connected to Facebook web and found out somone connected to my fb account from Arizona. I do not live in USA.

Does FIM update just offer new feature we were not told about? e.g. saving the passwords on its own servers in order to have live tiles. Or was I under phishing attack and my password was exposed?

Anyway I changed my password ASAP and checked all fb applications and account settings.
I uninstalled the FIM until everything is clarified.

In case it was an attack then it's also shame for Microsoft as obviously app must have gone through approval process.

emko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just updated to last version of FIM. I tried to connect and it did not work at all.
It was quite suspicious so I connected to Facebook web and found out somone connected to my fb account from Arizona. I do not live in USA.

Does FIM update just offer new feature we were not told about? e.g. saving the passwords on its own servers in order to have live tiles. Or was I under phishing attack and my password was exposed?

Anyway I changed my password ASAP and checked all fb applications and account settings.
I uninstalled the FIM until everything is clarified.

In case it was an attack then it's also shame for Microsoft as obviously app must have gone through approval process.

Just found the reason on XDA, for every one else interested:

"Fim is now back at the marketplace. ** IMPORTANT NOTICE ** Due to disabilities in wp7, the only way to connect right now is thru a back-end server located in Arizona, USA. If you have problems connecting, go to Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More from your desktop, where you will be asked to approve this location.
http://social.zune.n...et/redirect?t...4-00237de2db9e
"

[APP] Fim - Facebook Chat for WP7 -[R]- 5 NOV 2010 -- 2 FEB 2011 -[V]- 1.11 - Page 18 - xda-developers

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss