HTC updates YouTube App

onlywaytomo

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Version 2.0 is sooooo much better. Now this app is actually useful as you can search for videos effectively now! Its weird I was just thinking how awesome this app would be if HTC updated it. Good to see that they are invested in this OS!

chnkfc

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
yea i got really happy when i found out the new features. You can do all the things you could do with the web version,except you can't send video links via sms yet(hopefully in another update).

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the only thing I would add is share capabilities for fb, email, sms

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

this as well as starting the app up for videos from the browser I hate having two YouTube apps and I hate seeing the "you need the YouTube video player to play this, would you like to download it from the market?" message. I wonder if HTC can add this feature or if Microsoft won't allow this... Anyone have any thoughts?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know how to contact HTC? to give em feedback on the update and see if they can get that feature into the app... I tried the "technical support" link under the about section from within the app and it gives me a form to fill out to email them but when i try and select language (oddly enough one of the required fields on the form which leads me to believe that it's probably a machine that replies to your email) anyways its a dropdown menu and normally when selecting a dropdown menu it brigs up a nice minimalistic list of the options on the menu which is what it does but its blank therefore not allowing me to select my language, and it being a required field its kinda hard to send the form off...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
App update available... To 2.1 now, I wonder what exactly this fixed...

Edit: seems to be a simple performance improvement... Which I'm grateful for, but it'd be nice to see the ability for the app to launch for videos that are embedded in IE and for links as well, if possible.

Last edited:

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the supertube app. Much better.

Yeah I guess I'm just not a "power user" of YouTube... The HTC app is perfect for me I don't have a problem with just streaming the video as far as I can see the only special feature in that app is the ability to download videos. Oh that and the abhorrent scrolling, I have a particular problem with most third party apps' scrolling. The HTC app I believe is coded with native code so scrolling is as buttery smooth as the actual OS scrolling.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
App update available... To 2.1 now, I wonder what exactly this fixed...

Edit: seems to be a simple performance improvement... Which I'm grateful for, but it'd be nice to see the ability for the app to launch for videos that are embedded in IE and for links as well, if possible.

there's more.. u can see ur subscriptions now too.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
there's more.. u can see ur subscriptions now too.

wasn't that in the previous 2.0 release? or was that just favorite channel support?

Edit: yeah I just checked and subscriptions have been available since 2.0 they would just take a little while to populate when you would click on my account they would populate right under favorites just as they do now but now on 2.1 it comes up much faster... probably due to the performance upgrade...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3