Facebook Push Notification

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I find it strange that nobody is complaining that there is now way to get push notifications from facebook whether it be through the people hub or the FB app. Am I missing something?

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
No. We just knew it wasn't there from the start. Im sure it'll come eventually.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm interesting. I did thorough research before buying into WP7 and never came across an article that said there was no push notification for facebook.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm interesting. I did thorough research before buying into WP7 and never came across an article that said there was no push notification for facebook.
did you read an article that said it would? i usually assume features aren't there unless they mention it being there. if there was/is no talk of push on the wp7 facebook app, i'd guess that it wasn't there.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
did you read an article that said it would? i usually assume features aren't there unless they mention it being there. if there was/is no talk of push on the wp7 facebook app, i'd guess that it wasn't there.

Indeed. The saying about the word 'assume' needs to be everyone's mantra when it comes to software...anything.

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I understand that assuming can be a bad thing, but I just thought that assuming a pretty basic feature would just be common sense. Just like alot of people assumed there was custom ringtones because any dumbphone nowadays has it. There are just some features that are expected to be on a phone, and as time goes on, more and more features are added to that standard list. I was simply under the impression that push notifications were one of those since every phone I've owned in the past 4 years had it.

kalldrexx

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I just rely on Facebook to email me when things happen. I did this on Android too, but that's just me. Also, Facebook on Android didn't have push until recently, and when it supposedly got it I never got ah pushes from it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Facebook Push didn't work well on my iP4 either. Might be a issue with FB. But They would always pop up after I open the app, if it even popped up at all.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah... that is another good point. i have all the OS out there (wp7, iOS, WebOS, BB OS and Android) and the only one that works "well enough" is on my BlackBerry.

push isn't really basic... and definitely not basic on fb. it's a lot harder to do than a lot may think. this is the reason it doesn't work well.

after the original iPhone, i don't even expect what most may think are "basic"... copy and paste, anyone? lol.

it would be cool, but since it never works properly, doesn't bother me.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
yeah... that is another good point. i have all the OS out there (wp7, iOS, WebOS, BB OS and Android) and the only one that works "well enough" is on my BlackBerry.

push isn't really basic... and definitely not basic on fb. it's a lot harder to do than a lot may think. this is the reason it doesn't work well.

after the original iPhone, i don't even expect what most may think are "basic"... copy and paste, anyone? lol.

it would be cool, but since it never works properly, doesn't bother me.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I rely on Facebook's texting service to notify me. Works just as well as a push notification.

And Duvi, how do you like WP7 compared to the rest?

netko drugi

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It works fine even on the dummy devices and I see no reason why Microsoft can’t implement such trivial functionality!? What we need is a really live facebook tile with push notifications that scrolls latest updates and shows the number of notifications and new messages as well and that’s basically it! Is it really that hard to implement!? It can be even done without push notifications by setting an application every X minutes to chk if there is something new and list that on a live tile!?

As user who is coming from Symbian I'm really disappointed with number of missing features on WP devices!

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
It works fine even on the dummy devices and I see no reason why Microsoft can?t implement such trivial functionality!? What we need is a really live facebook tile with push notifications that scrolls latest updates and shows the number of notifications and new messages as well and that?s basically it! Is it really that hard to implement!? It can be even done without push notifications by setting an application every X minutes to chk if there is something new and list that on a live tile!?

As user who is coming from Symbian I'm really disappointed with number of missing features on WP devices!

that's basically it? that's all you need? a live tile that scolls the latest updates and shows the number of notifications and new messages? LOL, anything else? maybe a live tile that scrolls your directv channels and it's listings?

It's amazing when I see users that buy a device without researching the device. "Oh I just assumed it would have a built in machine gun"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills