Screen Shot?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
don't believe so... if there is, i'd definitely like to know about it.

well... did a quick search before i posted and came up with the following.

WP7 Screenshot Tool | Cory Smith (@smixx)

not sure if any hacking (to get developer access) needs to be done, but i'll take a look at it when i wake up tomorrow.

Rich Edmonds

PC Editor
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
don't believe so... if there is, i'd definitely like to know about it.

well... did a quick search before i posted and came up with the following.

WP7 Screenshot Tool | Cory Smith (@smixx)

not sure if any hacking (to get developer access) needs to be done, but i'll take a look at it when i wake up tomorrow.

I believe that's only for emulation through developing apps from what the page puts forward, information wise. I would love to see a fully functional screenshot app (preferably a built-in feature).

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I believe that's only for emulation through developing apps from what the page puts forward, information wise. I would love to see a fully functional screenshot app (preferably a built-in feature).
didn't think it was a conventional ss app, but can't this still work?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
When the update with multitasking is made available, I could make one in a matter of minutes (and probably will unless somebody beats me to it). But as it stands, I do not see how it is possible.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Why can't it be done now? The developers of Alpah Jax and Spell It did it.

It is easy to do it for your own program. I have an app right now going through validation from Microsoft that does it.

But, in order to take a screenshot that is NOT programed in, you need to have your small screenshot program running at the same time as the program you want to take a screenshot of. That is currently not possible.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
MS has stated copyright issues is why they haven't done it also they don't think ppl want it. Total bs imo. You need sdk's emulators and other things to take ss's. I haven't been and to figure it out yet.

Sent from my T8788 WindowsPhone 7

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Pre-Mango there was an XDA app, that required a registry key to be manipulated. It worked well. But with Mango, apps that touch the registry are not allowed, even for dev unlocked devices. So unless you do the Interop whatever thing, no chance of getting screen shots. The first thing I missed when I installed Mango beta.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable that there isn't still app for this. It must be limitation of WP7.x? Or has somebody sent screenshot app to market place and actually got rejected?

My Nokia N9 got great app for this month before it was even released. :(

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Unbelievable that there isn't still app for this. It must be limitation of WP7.x? Or has somebody sent screenshot app to market place and actually got rejected?

My Nokia N9 got great app for this month before it was even released. :(
There's a homebrew app on XDA that works great but you have to be dev-unlocked (does not requre an interop-unlock):
[XAP] Screen Capturer v3 - use Camera key to get screenshot - xda-developers

If you're not dev-unlocked, then unfortunately there's nothing for you. Apps are sandboxed so it's currently not possible with a marketplace app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3