What's the Best Twitter App?

dj9928

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Right my issues with scrolling left and right have been resolved, The problem was my thumb, if I use my finger all is fine, its the thumb that does go exactly up and down, it goes more in a curve and thus leads to side swiping. I am now using Rowi and all is grand.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Gotta learn to be more accurate with your hard swipes it sounds like. I never go into other columns when trying to go up/down. That UI flow is a large part of Metro, so you are pretty much stuck with it in most places on the phone.
yeah... neither do i. in fact, at times, i'll have to swipe again.

ctt1wbw

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
So I bought Rowi, which may be around the 40th Twitter client that I own, not including Kiwi on the Mac... wow.

Anyway, it's pretty nice, although I need a microscope to read the fonts. It has no features at all. I went back to MoTweets Pro.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
2 things that would make Birdsong perfect for me. 1, picture hosts options and usernames in capital letters. PPL say Rowi is the fastest client, but for me on my HTC it lags a little while scrolling. I dont get that with Birdsong

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My biggest complaint with the "speed" of birdsong is the loading time. I just did an informal load test, and rowi took 11 seconds from startup to newly loaded timeline, while birdsong took 32 seconds.

Spyral

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
2 things that would make Birdsong perfect for me. 1, picture hosts options and usernames in capital letters. PPL say Rowi is the fastest client, but for me on my HTC it lags a little while scrolling. I dont get that with Birdsong

It lags on my Focus as well. It is the single reason I have not purchased the app yet.

Also, why is the option to fullscreen-view profile pictures such a rare feature in these apps? I came from webOS, and almost every app had this functionality.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I finally ditched Birdsong for Rowi. The speed difference is incredible.
My biggest complaint with the "speed" of birdsong is the loading time. I just did an informal load test, and rowi took 11 seconds from startup to newly loaded timeline, while birdsong took 32 seconds.

skyrocket

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've only tried a few but am still using the official Twitter application. I just downloaded Beezz and I am going to try that out.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed in the "features" log that is has live tile, was that a feature before? All I know is, it still doesn't save your place in the timeline, and it still takes forever to load...

awarner

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Birdsong does not error now on my HD7 when saving the Live tile now to wait and see if it's working properly for me.

Edit nope notifications and Live tile still not working

Before Birdsong I used the following
I liked Twitt and its interface but no Live tile :-(
Official Twitter app, I did not like the interface at all
Beezz the first Twitter app to have live tiles but I do find it slow, plus since the NoDo update the tile is stuck on 30 notifications on the Live tile.

Last edited:

davidt77

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
All I want in a twitter app is for it to start where I left off at. The new tweets either above or below in order. Seems like all the apps I try just start you at the top and tell you how many are new. I used tweetcaster on the IPhone and it worked perfectly like that.

Of course integration with instapaper or readitlater would be nice to.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rowi does this and it has toast/push notifications. Nice twitter app.
All I want in a twitter app is for it to start where I left off at. The new tweets either above or below in order. Seems like all the apps I try just start you at the top and tell you how many are new. I used tweetcaster on the IPhone and it worked perfectly like that.

BORIStheBLADE

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site

I agree. I was surprised to see the WP7 Twitter app not doing this when the Android Twitter app does. Sort of a let down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss