What's the Best Twitter App?

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I keep coming back to the regular Twitter for WP7 app. I like the look/interface best and it has most of the features I like (friend finder/hashtag picker etc).

Some of the others all seem to maybe do one or two things better, but lack in other areas.

Birdsong is a strong second (for me).

* edit - whoever comes out with "holds at last read tweet" instead of having to scroll back and try to remember where you were, will get big points in my book though.

Reactions: VernonEL

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I am using Twitt. Not perfect and still no Live Tile. But it loads/unloads fast and it "does" jump to the last read post. It also has audio playback of tweets which is fun to have.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Right now I'm using rowi, but twitt is a close second. Both retain your place in the timeline, both are very fast, but rowi allows custom "headers" so I can have timeline, lists etc. IMHO both are excellent. Birdsong probably looks the best, but is a bit slow to load, and doesn't remember your place in the timeline.

Nophix

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Do any of them allow for setup of multiple accounts? I have a personal account for my hobbies, and one for my business. I'd like to be able to use them both.

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Bringing this one back..I'd said holding place in the timeline was important to me-twitter app "rowi" does it.

Just discovered this app, it's really basic and lacks in a few other areas, but I'm giving it more than a passing glance because of the above mentioned feature.

Just a FYI for ya.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rowi has just passed birdsong. Push notifications,fast, full featured. Didn't think birdsong could be topped. But rowi has done it.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

cdub66

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Rowi has just passed birdsong. Push notifications,fast, full featured. Didn't think birdsong could be topped. But rowi has done it.

Still seems a little unstable..I'm getting a lot of those "Something bad happened. Please use the About menu to send the logged problem" pop-ups.

All in all though, I'm liking it!

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Its been almost flawless for me. I had problems with it in the first hour. But after that, been A Ok.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3