Does it take a while for them to bill you for apps, or is it immediate?

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I got The Sims 3, The Harvest, and Avatar Gadgets all on the same day, last week. I got the bill notification in my email tonight. Now, since then, I have deleted and re-downloaded all three of these (did a hard reset actually). I am hoping the notification was just late, and that I have not been billed twice.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
did you get one before? if you didn't, then that's probably how it's sent.

you'll probably see them on your next bill if you're billing it to your AT&T account.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
You are right, there is only one note. *whew*

I wonder why it takes so long to go out... hopefully they at least auth the funds.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
iTunes isn't instant for me either when they're billing me. it can take 24 hours for me to get some notifications and that's through iTunes. if it's through the carrier, it may have something to do with your bill cycle. either way, as long as you aren't being charged double, you're good.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I believe you get a bill once a week. iTunes does it the same way. I believe going about it that way, they only are docked once for charging a CC/Debit card as opposed to each transaction...

So, instead of paying 10 fees for the .99-4.99 purchases you made, they are only charged one fee for the cumulative cost of all your individual purchases...

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Right on. Hey question for you guys, I hear you cannot re-download paid-for apps on another phone. What if your phone is defective, or you lose it and have to replace it? Do you lose your paid apps?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Right on. Hey question for you guys, I hear you cannot re-download paid-for apps on another phone. What if your phone is defective, or you lose it and have to replace it? Do you lose your paid apps?
not sure about that one. i thought i saw that you were able to download paid apps i set amount of times in case you switch your device. i could be wrong. hopefully someone will clarify.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Its not a set amount of times, but I believe it is up to three devices, and you can only delete/add a new devices every 30 days. That's after you have reached 3. So you can add the first three on the same day. But you may need to verify that through Zune help.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There's no set amount of times. iTunes use to take about 24 hours as stated. Google is instant.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Its not a set amount of times, but I believe it is up to three devices, and you can only delete/add a new devices every 30 days. That's after you have reached 3. So you can add the first three on the same day. But you may need to verify that through Zune help.

My bad. According to Zune/Settings/Account/Computers & Devices, you can add apps to 5 devices sharing the same Windows ID. The 30 day swap still applies.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
oh good. That would have sent me straight back to Android, asi plan to exchange this phone for a new unit the day it gets activated. Thanks guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills