My Bad Opinons: The HTC Youtube app is garbage

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I never, ever get good results from the search.

Really? sorry for that man I always get exact hits but I've recently uninstalled it for what I believe to be a better app and that's the Lazyworm youtube app I've spoken to the dev and he seems pretty solid. I get a feeling that it'll get more attention than HTC gives theirs. I know there is that Supertube app or whatever, apparently people like to download the vids but I could care less about that and lazytube (or whatever the free one is called) performs A tad little tiny bit better than supertube (but really both are the same in terms of the scrolling, good thing it'll be fixed in Mango) but overall it looks pretty cool.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Really? sorry for that man I always get exact hits but I've recently uninstalled it for what I believe to be a better app and that's the Lazyworm youtube app I've spoken to the dev and he seems pretty solid. I get a feeling that it'll get more attention than HTC gives theirs. I know there is that Supertube app or whatever, apparently people like to download the vids but I could care less about that and lazytube (or whatever the free one is called) performs A tad little tiny bit better than supertube (but really both are the same in terms of the scrolling, good thing it'll be fixed in Mango) but overall it looks pretty cool.

YouTube by lazyworn is pretty solid and cool.

Sent from my HTC_Arrive using Board Express

I will check Lazyworm out. Thanks! I just get annoyed by the HTC one because things that I search for on the web that will be like the first hit don't even show up on the first several pages of the HTC app.

Should use the official Youtube app :p

:D

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My fave is SuperTube, I like the HD and download support should you need it.

To be quite honest, without support for video outputting; there is no reasonable difference between HQ and HD videos except more data and battery loss. So having said that features are pretty much the same but lazyworm's YouTube is laid out in a cooler fashion, while Supertube is pretty straight forward and plain but does have the download feature (I really don't see what the purpose of downloading them is) so which ever one of those two features tickles your fancy more... Oh and Lazyworm has an actual free app without limitations or ads, I asked the developer what "exclusives" would be coming to the paid version and he told me something about theming or something like that but in reality its nothing worth paying for I requested a couple of features that if put into the app I would pay for, but any actual YouTube functionality will always be free so that's cool. Supertube is paid only, well the trial is the "free" version but contains ads and I hate ads. So check em out see which one it is you like better. Oh and both of em aren't up to spec performance wise as HTC's which is probably because HTC has the permission to make apps using native code because that app is pretty slick. Thankfully Microsoft is gonna solve the third party app performance issue with mango.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
The purpose of downloading videos is so that you can rewatch them without having to download them again, saving time, battery life, and data usage. You couldn't see that? :p

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
The purpose of downloading videos is so that you can rewatch them without having to download them again, saving time, battery life, and data usage. You couldn't see that? :p

I understand that perfectly well, I mistakenly gave the wrong statement for the point I was trying to make. What I meant to say is I (emphasis on the I) don't see the purpose of downloading them for myself as it would just be a waste of space on my already limited 16 GB (I see that as small) and when I wanna share with friends I post it either to Facebook or Twitter and they have smartphones or computers of their own in which to watch it. So the only reason at that point to download it would be for me to re-watch it but I quite honestly don't re-watch videos as I thankfully have near photographic memory. (Near as in when it involves things in my interest).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3