Any word from Zynga? I want my Words With Friends. :(

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if Zynga is bringing their apps to WP7? I know there are some WWF clones out there, but I am the only one I have ever met with a Windows Phone, so the cross-platform functionality of WWF is very missed.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
i never knew Zynga made WWF. lol.

that game got old very quick for me. i probably have a few games on my other devices that will probably forfeit the game for me as i have played it in so long.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
The disappointing thing is what they have on their site that says their main focus is iOS. I used the Android version and there were a few bugs that still needed to get worked out. I really liked the cross-platform ability, too, though.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, as much as I love AlphaJax, cross-platform is always better for multiplayer. In honesty though, I'd probably rather have AlphaJax go across to the other platforms :D

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
I like AlphaJax, too, but it feels a bit... I dunno, constricted? I'm pretty sure it's smaller, but there aren't as much special squares to get those high scores or to maybe catch up to an opponent. I do support app competition though, so I'd get them on the other platform, too (though they'd have to make it compatible with iPod Gen 1 because I'm not buying another one :p).

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
The disappointing thing is what they have on their site that says their main focus is iOS. I used the Android version and there were a few bugs that still needed to get worked out. I really liked the cross-platform ability, too, though.
more the a few bugs in the android version... main reason i stopped playing it. ha.

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i've emailed them and they said they have no plans to bring it to wp7 right now.

i've been playing words by post lately, and it's cross platform with android, the UI is better and i like it more than WWF so far.

Sathanous

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I had emailed them when I got my Focus and they said no plans atm but that they will review it and the more intrest the more likely it is to happen... so I would say anyone who wants it should tell them...

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Words by post is now compatible with iPhones, Android and WP7 with their last update. My wife has an iPhone and she downloaded it and said that it runs really well. We already got a game going and everything is responsive and fast. I believe her phone is hardware accelerated so moving around the grid is more fluid than my Focus, which tends to studder when I zoom in and move around to place the tiles.

I think instead of requesting and begging Zynga to produce WWF, just ask your iPhone buddies to download Words by Post instead and everyone will be happy in the meantime. Isn't that the sole reason why we want WWF? To play with our friends who have iPhones? At least this company got it right and not biased towards a specific platform to make this a cross platform for everyone to enjoy so kudos to them.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Words by post is now compatible with iPhones, Android and WP7 with their last update. My wife has an iPhone and she downloaded it and said that it runs really well. We already got a game going and everything is responsive and fast. I believe her phone is hardware accelerated so moving around the grid is more fluid than my Focus, which tends to studder when I zoom in and move around to place the tiles.

I think instead of requesting and begging Zynga to produce WWF, just ask your iPhone buddies to download Words by Post instead and everyone will be happy in the meantime. Isn't that the sole reason why we want WWF? To play with our friends who have iPhones? At least this company got it right and not biased towards a specific platform to make this a cross platform for everyone to enjoy so kudos to them.

I hadn't heard of that one before RumpRoast, so i've just asked my iphone (boo hiss spit etc etc) friends to download it so I can play scrabble with them again.

Thanks for that. :)

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been playing WBP, for the last couple of days, great so far! I've sent out requests to all of my Android & iPhone users, really nice one. Also, the same guys also made Chess By Post too, really nice as well(only for WP7 & Android)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Have to agree Apoc i've been playing WBP for the last few days with jalb here and it works perfectly. Really enjoyable apart from when he wins of course. Grrrr! (That's the only bug i've found so far) ;)

It's a brilliant cross platform Scrabble clone for sure. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills