List of Windows Phone 7 apps that are "OFFICIAL".

SEKKDS

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Hello,

I just want to throw this out here, and see if maybe somebody will tag along to my desiring of information.

I would like to know a list of all the "official" apps that are out there in the Marketplace. By official, I mean, sure there is moTweets, and Birdsong, and other Twitter apps out there (that might be even better too), but I would list the Twitter app by Twitter itself as official.

Also, there is now Bank of America's official app, and Home Depot's app, officially licensed (is that the right term?) or made from the vendor. Or the flickr app, or Photobucket app, made officially from the respected websites.

Not to knock the developers who are making really fine, solid builds of games, tools, and what not, but I just want to see what is official in the Marketplace. In a perfect world, I wish they had a app category listing my inquiry.

So, what are all the "official" apps you know of available in the Marketplace?

Perhaps you'll just reply and list the apps you know of here, or if you know of another link, or post that has a good running list of them... pass it on please! :)

Thank you!

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Others that I know of that you did not mention, off the top of my head.

YouTube
IMDB
Walgreens
Amazon
Amazon Kindle
Netflix
Whole bunch of MSN ones if they count
United Services Automobile Association
ESPN has at least 2, maybe 3 or more.
Weather Channel
WeatherBug
GroupOn
ebay
Slacker
Last.Fm
Rhapsody
Flixster
Adobe

I am sure there are more. And those are just the "Major" ones in my opinion. There are a lot more "official" apps for smaller business/websites, etc.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Shazam
Google Search

if you're on AT&T:
  • MyWireless
  • Navigator
  • Code Scanner
  • U-Verse Mobile
  • Radio
  • Family Map

if you have a Samsung device:
  • Now
  • Three
  • Samsung Photo Sharing
  • Photogram
  • Photo Studio

Last edited:

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
as i was searching the marketplace, i noticed 1Password for Phone 7!

i think i am in love! lmao. they said they had no plans for windows 7 and poof, it's here. lmao!

sdchris

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
WP7 seems to still be lacking many applications from big corporations. This is the biggest drawback on this platform. It would be a much better platform if they could draw more companies to cross develop here while still developing for android and ios. All we are getting right now is games. While games are nice, they aren't a big selling point for me. I need utility apps and official apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills