Going back to apps you were unhappy with

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
How many of you have given up on apps after the first try, thinking "great idea, bad execution?" I continue to check the app for updates, etc. to see if there is any improvement, and if you don't I suggest you do!
It's amazing the variety of quality in the devs we have. For example, the app Bing Splash has been completely abandoned, which is quite unfortunate considering it's a cool idea. Other apps, like appamundi taks, world weather, rowi, and rss central, have been continuously worked on and improved to the point that they are now excellent applications, easily worth a few bucks.
What are some apps you have noticed that have been upgraded and improved over time? It might be useful to both us and the devs to start making a list of apps like this.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Rowi and Birdsong have been improved, but were already good apps.
SuperTube is the best, after upgrades.
GoVoice was flaky at first, but it's been pretty consistent after the last upgrade.

Alphajax seems to have been abandoned. It's a great game when it works, but I never know when it's my turn. So there for, pretty useless.
Netflix app has been left for dead I guess
Facebook app could use a update
Twitter app could use a update.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
If I think an app has any promise at all I will keep it around (makes for a long list) but only look at it after I get an update. For others, I created a watch list in One Note and will occasionally take a look at an app to check the comments and see what kind of recent updates have been made.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

kpatton

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
AlphaJax definitely not abandoned! Push notification problems are more likely tobe network/ms related as we arent having any problems sending them out. Most people, most of the tie don't have any problems

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
BirdSong.

Left it for Rowi. I started seeing how many used both and kept choosing BirdSong, I tried it again and noticed it's one of the fastest twitter clients I've ever used.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Official Twitter app.

I'm not back to using this. The speed is great. Need more options, but it's just as good as Rowi and Birdsong, since notifications are a toss up with those two apps.

I wonder why it's taking MS(?) so long to update this app!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I must be one of the few who prefer the original official Twitter app. I've tried them all and just go back to the Twitter app.

I hear loads of users raving about Birdsong & Rowi or (Insert any of the other 500 million Twitter app names here) but can't see what all the hoo hah is about them LOL

Guess Twitter just does what i want. :eek:)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
They offer more features. But said features rarely work. LOL.
I must be one of the few who prefer the original official Twitter app. I've tried them all and just go back to the Twitter app.

I hear loads of users raving about Birdsong & Rowi but can't see what all the hoo hah is about them LOL

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
for me the most important features for a twitter app are remembering your place on the timeline after refreshing, and "pinning" custom columns at the top.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site

I hear loads of users raving about Birdsong & Rowi or (Insert any of the other 500 million Twitter app names here) but can't see what all the hoo hah is about them LOL

They offer more features. But said features rarely work. LOL.

if i didn't pay for those apps, i'd be using the official. i really do like the official, but i hate paying for an app and never using it, especially to a free alternative.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. I still try them every other day. Hoping they work. If I pay for something. I want it to work. Eventhough 2.99 isn't a lot, I want what I pai for.
if i didn't pay for those apps, i'd be using the official. i really do like the official, but i hate paying for an app and never using it, especially to a free alternative.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I still try them every other day. Hoping they work. If I pay for something. I want it to work. Eventhough 2.99 isn't a lot, I want what I pai for.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
true that.

my notifications work for rowi. only problem is the dm issue where it doesn't want to leave. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3