What is the best grocery list app?

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a couple of the grocery list apps in the market but they seems rather limited. I used to run on another phone GroceryIQ wich worked pretty well, you had a favorites list and stores and you can also tag favorates to a store if it was only in that store. Also it kept a pretty good history if you updated the prices to see if they were going up or down.

Any suggestions?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have an app called Grocery Total. It is NOT a list program. I do not really shop by list that much; but it does help you keep track of bill and get best prices. Check it out!

For lists, I would hate to make it in phone. So I honestly just do a OneNote file from my computer and can access it over internet with phone; much easier then any program.

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an app called Grocery Total. It is NOT a list program. I do not really shop by list that much; but it does help you keep track of bill and get best prices. Check it out!

For lists, I would hate to make it in phone. So I honestly just do a OneNote file from my computer and can access it over internet with phone; much easier then any program.

Yes I also thought of using One Note. Now that we have cut and paste it may make the task easier vs. looking for a app.

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes I also thought of using One Note. Now that we have cut and paste it may make the task easier vs. looking for a app.

The point of OneNote is that you can type it up on a regular computer and keyboard and instantly sync it to the phone over the internet.

Your wife/gf can add things to the list while you are still driving to the store, as well! I have enforced this policy because I got tired of being told I forgot this and that because as I was leaving out the door she added 15 things like I was just supposed to remember it. So she now knows if she does not add it to the OneNote list then do not expect me to get it! heh

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Give Smart Shopping a go. Multiple stores, saved lists, favorites you can share across stores, coupons, shop by list or aisle. Share lists with the Cloud. Lots of great features. Very intuitive.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

RonV42

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips everyone, both ShopGlider and Smart Shopping look interesting but neither seem to keep track of the purchases with pricing after you complete your shopping trip. I sent a request to GroceryIQ on their web site to see if they are going to do a Windows Phone client but haven't received a response yet.

For right now looks like I am going to have to use some type of hybrid approch with OneNote and Excel at this time.

ShopGlider

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
ShopGlider user forum

Hi everyone,

We are excited to see that our app gains popularity. We constantly innovate and improve our grocery shopping app. You can learn more about our latest features at our mobile page:

ShopGlider App for Windows Phone 7

We also welcome and appreciate your feedback and ideas. You can submit your ideas or support other users' suggestions through our feedback forum:

Customer Feedback for shopglider

Sincerely,
ShopGlider team
ShopGlider - Manage your grocery shopping list, recipes and coupons online

Tobyus

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
The point of OneNote is that you can type it up on a regular computer and keyboard and instantly sync it to the phone over the internet.

Your wife/gf can add things to the list while you are still driving to the store, as well! I have enforced this policy because I got tired of being told I forgot this and that because as I was leaving out the door she added 15 things like I was just supposed to remember it. So she now knows if she does not add it to the OneNote list then do not expect me to get it! heh

Man, our wives must be related. For years I've asked my wife to e-mail me our shopping list for that same reason. I'm gonna have to try OneNote out. Where is the document stored so that it can sync with your phone like that?

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Man, our wives must be related. For years I've asked my wife to e-mail me our shopping list for that same reason. I'm gonna have to try OneNote out. Where is the document stored so that it can sync with your phone like that?

You can access it and update it on the internet through the webbrowser at Sign In They have a webbased word processor. Or you can just have your desktop oneNote sync with live.com.

Random internet searching turned these up that might help
Microsoft OneNote Mobile | Office Mobile | Windows Phone 7
OneNote 2010 & Windows Phone 7 : How to share and sync OneNote 2010 Notebooks to your WP7 phone - Tech-Recipes

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I loved GroceryIQ on Android. I liked that I could scan the barcodes of things I was low on and they would get added to my list.

Right now I'm using ShopGlider. I like making my lists on the PC and having them sync to my phone.

jalb

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I miss the cross-platform use of OurGroceries, since my wife and I use different phones. I emailed them, and they said they weren't interested in WP.

CodingOrca

May 2, 2013
Visit site

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
We use one note and have it shared in our family room. Then my wife can add stuff to it and I can get the updated list when I get to the store.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there a grocery list app that is on iOS, Android, and WP8? In my family all three are used. I suppose Onenote would work, but I'd rather have a grocery list specific app, complete with a web portal.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I use one note and it is shared with my wife. it works great, she or I can add stuff while we are literally at the store. I check it off when it is picked up and it syncs instantly.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
My wife and I share a OneNote grocery list in Family Room. We have everything listed with a check box in front of each item. Making the list is just turning on the checkmark for the items needed and rarely, adding a new item to the list. As the item goes into the cart, it's checkmark is turned off. If something wasn't available, it's still checked for next trip. It syncs on our phones and our desktops. Easy.

We used UpVise for years, and was great, but it doesn't seem to be working on WP right now.

pdjcrawford

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I use Upvise as well and have for years. It's available online as well as on the other mobile platforms. I started using it on Symbian!

As far as it not working on WP it works fine for me on my 920. It behaved rather oddly all of a sudden a couple of weeks back where the lists weren't syncing properly but an uninstall / reinstall fixed that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3