FoodSpotting is great

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I download this today and is beautiful app with a great Metro Design, The title change colors suiting your team and everything works fantastic for me.

In this app you upload pictures of certain dishes and do quick reviews of the food instead of long reviews of restaurants.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. They just need to make a better tile. Ones that just use the theme color look pretty bad typically, and this is no exception.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I like it that way because I want to have all my tiles of the same color. But I understand why someone will like it better if it show random weekly pictures of feature dishes.

Jay Bennett

Resident Developer
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this in another thread but dtboos will be happy to know that Microsoft are now changing the app submission terms so that you cannot have a tile which changes with the theme colour (transparent backgrounds), you have to have a fixed colour background.

I got an e-mail telling me RateYourBeer's next submission must change the live tile away from the transparent background or it will be rejected.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Yah I read that. I think it will be a good change. Its not that all of them look bad with the theme color, but the combination of the font foodspotting uses and the flat theme color style icon made it look too bland in my opinion. If they had used a custom logo with a better font and camera icon with my theme color it may have looked great.

To me great design is something that encompasses the product in its entirety, and that includes the icon. Reminds me of Lazyworms horrible oringial worm lol. Great app, worm needed work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss