Question on app licenses

Boosted04

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone.. I'm new to the forums and expect my first W7P device (HTC Trophy) tomorrow. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I've got a question on Apps and Games from the Zune marketplace that I can't seem to find a solid answer for.

One of the things I really hated about BlackBerry is that when I downloaded an app, it was locked to that one phone forever. I get a new phone almost yearly and I hate re-buying the same apps. I know that with Xbox, my games/apps are locked to my profile but I can use them and re-download them on any Xbox I sign into with the profile I originally purchased them with. Is this the same as the W7P?

Thanks!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yes sir it is .

with the Zune Program on your Computer or the Zune market ony our phone , its gona Prompt you to log in to your LIVE account or hotmail w/e , and from their you can see all the apps you had befor and simply re-download them ( if your next phone is a wp7 :p )

like ive been saying in other post: i tried the *HTC surround* then switch to the *LG quantum* , then finally got my focus until i got it stolen and had to get a second one .

i was able to re-install all the apps i paid for NO problem on all my phones.

Basicly it works the SAME as the Xbox 360 , once you buy soemthing its link to your Gamertag/E-mail account

Boosted04

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to be logged in to Zune to use those apps on the phone? Or just logged in to sync them with the phone? I know with games you have to be logged into LIVE but what about the apps?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You only need Zune to view and install the apps on your phone(s). You need Zune Desktop to sync media (photos, video & music) to/from your phone. And also to install any Microsoft phone updates. But you can use either Zune Desktop or Zune on your phone to browse and purchase apps. Apps you purchase via Zune Desktop are supposed to get auto added to your phone, but I usually go and pull them in though Zune on my phone rather than wait. Btw, you can install your purchased (free or $$$) apps on up to 5 WP devices at any one time, but they all have to use the same Live ID.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3