Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Anyone else having issues with 4th and mayor right now? I've tried the normal tricks, uninstall and a restart.. I just keep getting looped to a "what's new" screen that never changes... I can okay out of it and get back to the Main screen but if I try and navigate out of there the loop starts again. Emailed the support link already.. Wonderin if anyone else is having these issues?

Oh good. I thought it was just me.

Me too. Good to see its not just me.

Hi,
    Sorry folks, Foursquare pushed some changes to their web services that are causing that What's New screen to appear. The changes were intended for their new Android app but had side effects to 4th & Mayor due to a few simple assumptions.

In the meantime, maybe this is a good chance to try the new foursquare app out - but do check for updates and switch back once it's resolved :-)

It's annoying as heck, but I have an update submitted - it could be several days until Microsoft is able to approve it though for it to be in the marketplace.

Jeff
    Thanked by:

Thanks for the quick response Jeff, I had a feeling that might be the case. Thanks for all your hard work, love the app.

Wow, he signed up to let us know about that.

What a great developer. And what a great app he has coded, too!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Serious. Great support there. I did try the foursquare app and already miss my 4th & mayor... Your apps soooooo much faster and better looking. Props.

Thanks again for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilstar View Post
    Serious. Great support there. I did try the foursquare app and already miss my 4th & mayor... Your apps soooooo much faster and better looking. Props.

Thanks again for the update.
    Agreed. Although the official Foursquare is nice, 4th & Mayor is so well done UI-wise and loads fast, the app feels like it's built right in to the OS.

I got fed up with the slowness of the Foursquare app, so I re-downloaded 4th & Mayor. It's not letting me log in. I get to the Connect with foursquare screen, hit LOG IN, and the SIGN IN bar appears, but never brings me to the log in screen. The loading dots just keep shuffling across the top. It may just be a weak signal at work, so I will try later and report if it is still doing it.

EDIT: It seems to be my phone...I can't connect to the Marketplace or anything right now either. Annoying.
    Last edited by rpm5101; 07-15-2011 at 10:54 AM.