Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Following our webOS launch a couple of months ago, we're porting Carbon to WP7 and released the first Private Beta of the app today to a small group of WP7 users with dev-unlocked devices.

Carbon for WP7, just like the webOS version sports a number of basic features such as Translate, Instapaper, Read It Later, Twitlonger, Mult-Account, Autocomplete, and the core Twitter screens along with Threaded messaging for Direct Messages. Apart from those we have our own set of features that are signature to our Carbon brand that comes down to Visuals & User Experience and a set of unique ways to show timelines.

We're expanding the Private Beta List with 20 more members. If you're interested in test driving a new and exciting Twitter app for WP7 that is coming from a webOS base send your Twitter screen name to saleh[at]dotsandlines.com to get on the list.

Follow our updates on @CarbonWP

It's too early to share screenshots, we'll get there before announcing our public release soon.

Global Posts
    1,633 Global Posts
    <3'd the WebOS app, I'd love to try it out once(if) I get my Arrive.
    My apps are on JMTK Application Development
    [Guide] How to completely switch from Gmail to Outlook.com
    Nextel phones > Sanyo Katana Eclipse X > Palm Pre > HTC Arrive > HTC Trophy

Too bad I'm not dev-unlocked, I would've loved to try out that amazing app. Saw it on webOS, I liked it instantly. Thanks for bringing it to WP7!

The name alone sounds good enough to try it when its released.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Here's a video of the Carbon app in use, just incase you wan't a little overview of the app. (webOS) :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK
    Thanked by:
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    I stopped using the Pre a couple weeks after it came out (iPhone release), so I never got to try out Carbon, but I definitely heard great things about it.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    We still have those Beta sluts open, 12 of them. We're sending out an update to the first Beta that we sent out to the first batch three days ago. Wanna' be on the next list? email
    saleh[at]dotsandlines.com mentioning your Twitter handle and we'll get you in.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by duvi View Post
    I stopped using the Pre a couple weeks after it came out (iPhone release), so I never got to try out Carbon, but I definitely heard great things about it.
    I also had the pre, plus tho, I did get to try out carbon, and it was my sole Twitter app for the rest of the time I used my pre. I can't wait for it to come out for WP7

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    GamerTag: KlutchScope
    PSN ID: KlutchScope

If I helped you, Please hit the thanks button
    Samsung Focus Rev. 1.3 w/ 7720 Mango
    And iPhone 4 White 4.3.5
    And Yes, I am 14

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I had the Pre- a couple months ago and used Carbon full-time as my main twitter client, and it was awesome. The official WP7 app isn't anywhere near as good. Really looking forward to this release!

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dot1ne View Post
    We still have those Beta sluts open.
    Kinky! :)

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pronk View Post
    Kinky! :)
    haha I saw that but I wasn't sure if i should say anything

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express
    GamerTag: KlutchScope
    PSN ID: KlutchScope

If I helped you, Please hit the thanks button
    Samsung Focus Rev. 1.3 w/ 7720 Mango
    And iPhone 4 White 4.3.5
    And Yes, I am 14

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    Just checked out Carbon for Web OS, very nice. I just sent a email to get in on the beta.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    We're extending the beta program and are adding 20 more beta testers, are you game? Could side-load apps? Send us your Twitter handle to saleh[at]dotsandlines.com and we'll get you in.
    Quote Originally Posted by dot1ne View Post
    Following our webOS launch a couple of months ago, we're porting Carbon to WP7 and released the first Private Beta of the app today to a small group of WP7 users with dev-unlocked devices.

Carbon for WP7, just like the webOS version sports a number of basic features such as Translate, Instapaper, Read It Later, Twitlonger, Mult-Account, Autocomplete, and the core Twitter screens along with Threaded messaging for Direct Messages. Apart from those we have our own set of features that are signature to our Carbon brand that comes down to Visuals & User Experience and a set of unique ways to show timelines.

We're expanding the Private Beta List with 20 more members. If you're interested in test driving a new and exciting Twitter app for WP7 that is coming from a webOS base send your Twitter screen name to saleh[at]dotsandlines.com to get on the list.

Follow our updates on @CarbonWP

It's too early to share screenshots, we'll get there before announcing our public release soon.

Hello dot1ne

I am happy to test the software and will follow the instructions above.

By the way , if you use the private beta function within WP Marketplace, do testers need unlocked devices?

Worth checking out.

Cheers

andrew-in-woking

Quote Originally Posted by andrew-in-woking View Post
    Hello dot1ne

By the way , if you use the private beta function within WP Marketplace, do testers need unlocked devices?

andrew-in-woking
    was there ever an answer to the above question?

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    I've done 4 Betas now and I do not have an unlocked device.

How do u install the file?

Quote Originally Posted by mmbond View Post
    Isn't there a beta marketplace now?

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmbond View Post
    For Beta's through the private Marketplace the dev(s) send you a link in an email that you can download the app from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolara View Post
    For Beta's through the private Marketplace the dev(s) send you a link in an email that you can download the app from.
    I have the .xap file but dont know how to install it. thoughts?

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Been away from forums for a bit, apologies for that. We're not using marketplace's beta program yet so as mentioned in order for you to participate in the beta you'll need to have a dev-unlocked device to side load the XAP file. Thanks for the interest guys...hoping to make it through the marketplace soon. For now it'll stay the way it is.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    20 More spots are open for beta testers. If you have a dev-unlocked phone then hit us at saleh[at]dotsandlines.com and we'll get you in, it's getting interesting as the feature set is being filled up and the next release will be the last Alpha and graduating to Beta and going public after that. So hit us up :)
  23. lumic
    Damn, I just bought Birdsong. However, if this is simplistic in basic usage, lets me view recent tweets easily and access links within tweets with good performance, I'd be willing to pay. Birdsong is great for my usage (check up on tags I'm interested in or stuff coming from the people I follow), but lags when jumping back to the list of tweets once I open a particular tweet.

Will be hitting you up, sounds great!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Didn't see any new posts about no more open slots, so i just sent in my eMail.

If there are no more open slots available please don't forget to mention it.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    Any updates on this? I loved Carbon on my Pre and would love to have it once again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast