Application updating problems.

m1012000

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Two LG applications will not update it says i must update the handset. Its fully updated to my knowledge (the Zune client tells me so 7.0 7392). The LG apps are Panorama shot and ScanSearch.

At first i thought it could just be those applications but I wanted to try the flower game (the free one) and I got the same message:
"You need to update your phone using the Zune software on your computer. Some Zune and Marketplace experiences may be limited until you have updated."

I have reset the phone and rebooted. Checked that cookies are allowed in IE. These did not make any difference.

I just got the handset which is the LG E900 optimus 7 and i have never used WP7 so I could be messing something.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
what network are you on? ( carrier)

- go to setting --> phone update , make sure it says no update found ( and check it manually if its not set to auto )
- did you try a HARD reset? ,

m1012000

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I am on Vodafone UK. The handset is a German Vodafone handset but its on UK English and network settings.

The in phone update section also states up to date.

How do I hard Reset?

Thanks for you help Se1fcr3ation.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I just hope the problem is nto cause you have a non supported country , also try setting it to your original Country and then see if their is an update.

Not sure witch one your Using:

How to hard reset LG Optimus S using phone buttons

1. Turn off Optimus S and take out the battery and then reinsert it again after few seconds.

2. Press and hold home and volume down button until the device turns on.

3. You will then see the reset option on the screen, simply follow the instructions.

How to hard reset LG Quantum using phone buttons

1. Switch off the phone, pull battery out and reinsert it again after few seconds.

2. Hold home and volume down button and press power and hold until the device turns on.

3. Follow instructions on screen to reset the device.

if it helps , make sure to hit the *THANK YOU* button ;)

m1012000

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Everything is English (United Kingdom)

I tried changing everything to Germany but language. This did not change anything.

I also check that my windows live ID was set to United Kingdom. Which it is!

Any more ideas :)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol , not really ,

the only other thing i can think of , is to downgrade back to Pre-NODO update , then RE-update your phone ,

but u need a pre-nodo backup to downgrade , you might be able to find a copy if you google it or try to ask people here that might have one for a LG, i have the FOCUS so mine wont help you.

m1012000

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
This is crazy. I changed the ROM from the german one to a EURO OPEN one and after all updates applied. It STILL has the same problem this is crazy. :(

m1012000

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
On another forum someone suggested that these applications have already been updated for mango since he can update these applications on mango and before he updated to mango much like me he could not update these very same apps. On the same phone.

I may update to mango now i know how to change the ROM`s on the phone. If i do i shall confirm whether this works or not for other users.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
yeah that makes allot of sens ,

that was my next thing i was gona say.....its probly a MANGO update . and thats probly what the update your missing is. (mango)

try the MANGO BETA , but it probly still wont work , cause nothing MANGO is official yet , so dont be surpise if still doesnt let you untilt he real one does

PS. MAKE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR PHONE!!! before you get MANGO BETA!!

X7or360

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm on NoDo and both Panorama Shot and Scansearch are missing from the LG app store. It's odd because I see an update from Scansearch even though the app is missing and basically it won't let me update.

Can anyone else confirm if these two apps are missing on other markets?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm on NoDo and both Panorama Shot and Scansearch are missing from the LG app store. It's odd because I see an update from Scansearch even though the app is missing and basically it won't let me update.

I did a search for both on my Mango Focus and they don't appear to be available.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Just checked on my Quantum (NoDo, USA) and both aren't there. It's a shame Panorama Shot was a nifty app.

I did a search for both on my Mango Focus and they don't appear to be available.

You wouldn't have them since they were LG specific apps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte