ESPN Goals unable to play video

arsenalfandan

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I have just downloaded the new ESPN goals app and was very excited to watch the weekends premier league highlights on my phone.

However, when I try to play a video it sends an error message saying "unable to play video" it then carries on "loading" but doesn't seem to be doing anything. I have left it loading for 15 mins. The only way to regain control of the phone is to exit the app.

Does anyone else have this problem or know of anyway to fix it?

I am using an LG optimus 7 and a WiFi connection.

Thanks, Dan.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what your problem could be Dan, but just confirming the videos are playing fine for me via 3G. Good quality too. So it doesn't seem to be the app at fault.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just thought I'd pop pack after trying the app on Wi-Fi this time.

The app still worked OK, but it's wasn't as fast at buffering then starting the video as 3G, which was a bit weird, but as i said, although it was slower to start playing the videos via Wi-Fi, they all worked fine.

Strange.

arsenalfandan

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your replies.

I am travelling around Europe at the moment and therefore have tried a variety of different WiFi connections...

I emailed the ESPN goals address the other day. They said that they would try to get back to me within 3 working days. So I should get a reply soon. I will let you know what they say.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
That's good that they replied arsenalfandan. It's a bit weird when it all takes longer to buffer a video via Wi-Fi than 3G (Well for me anyway)

Hope they update the app soon if there's a problem with Wi-Fi as it's a great looking app. :)

arsenalfandan

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I now know what was wrong and it's something I really should have thought of!

You can only play the videos if you are in England (or maybe the UK).

I have just got back from travelling Europe and the videos work perfectly, over 3G and wifi.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I now know what was wrong and it's something I really should have thought of!

You can only play the videos if you are in England (or maybe the UK).

I have just got back from travelling Europe and the videos work perfectly, over 3G and wifi.
Oh right, i wouldn't have thought of that either arsenalfandan.

Glad you got to the bottom of it. :)

bryant8911

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem guys im using a lumia 900 @nd am in the UK whilst trying to watch them but it keeps on saying unable to play video furthermore the wifi hotspot is discoverable but my laptop is unable to connect to it :-S any help will be appreciated :D

Scotty Hutch

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Same Issue

Hi guys,
I'm having the same issue on my Titan.

Before the recent update i just got unable to play,
Now I get the ads and then the message.

Have tried uninstalling etc but no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire