Best back-to-school apps - Please contribute!

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
I've been looking all over marketplace for worthy apps that may ease my student life. I would like from the community to contribute to this thread please!

The following are some of my picks:

Planner apps

$0.99 My Study Life*

Flashcard apps

FREE FlashCards
$0.99 Flashcard ++
$0.99 SAT Flascards for WP7
$0.99 OnQ Flashcards for WP7

Productivity apps

$1.99 Handyscan*
FREE Evernote*
FREE Adobe Reader
FREE iPring&Scan*
FREE Tools for Phone 7

Unit converter apps

FREE Unit Converter
FREE Convert Units for Free for WP7

*Best = Smoothness, ad-free, Metro UI, et al.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I remember seeing a paid app called Class Schedule or something like to the effect that laid out your courses in different colors and such.

wellsmanfu

Apr 14, 2008
Visit site
I can't think of anything that would be specifically for school or a class, but I have a couple of ideas.

For starters, the dictionary.com app could come in handy if you need a definition, spelling or a thesaurus. It's better than nothing if you need a quick definition and are not by your computer.

Also a task program like MyThings would come in handy to just keep things straight.

And lastly, a countdown app. Thats kind of a stretch, but you could put big projects and tests in there and have a countdown timer showing you have many days/weeks you have to work on it until it's due. Might help keep you from forgetting a paper or studying for a test.

Hopefully these might be helpful app ideas.

Binson#WP

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Check out Noborizaka.

It's a good tasks app that "levels you up" RPG style as you complete tasks. I like it for when I study and it helps me keep track of how long I have studied for.

Evernote is great as well (crashing problems aside) but I see you already have that in there :)

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Thanks everyone for your feedback!

Seems like there are not that many school-specific apps yet but hopefully with Mango it will all explode :D

@rpm5101 for sure! LOL I prefer Plants vs. Zombies though :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb