WhatsApp Messenger for WP 7

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I switched where there were hardly any apps. (October)

Around 99% of the apps I used previously, are now on WP7.

I'd be missing out on such a fantastic OS if it was solely apps that made my decision. (It' wasn't)

I've haven't looked back since. Best OS for me so far. :)

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree with Bear, first I was really worried about not having all the apps, but in the end, I took the plunge and haven't looked back either. I love the fact the phone, just works like it suppose to. I don't have to download this app and that app to make it do this or that. Yes, I do miss WhatsApp, but it's not a deal breaker for me. In fact, you can use KiK Messenger, until Mango & WhatsApp does come out. I'm able to keep in contact with my friends from across the pond, as well as my Canadian neighbors.

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
What's so great about WhatsApp? (Not trying to be critical here, I've never used it before.) Is it just that everyone uses it?

jgor2000

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It is great because it matches your address-book with ppl using WhatsApp so there's no user id or registration. Once it is on your phone you are ready to go. If someone on your address book has whatsapp you will see it right there. You just need to confirm your phone number with an sms.

jgor2000

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Not like KIK at all. To use KIK you need to create a user name. With whatsapp you dont. Also I think Whatsapp has way more users.
I have 2 users on Kik and 50 on Whatsapp!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't even heard of it before so it can't be that important or i'd have it right ? :)
I take it it's popular in the US and not in Europe or am i behind the times?

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like they're supporting a lot of platforms so I bet we'll see it on WP. The devs would need Mango to be able to search through contacts, so that's probably why we haven't seen it yet.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
What are the advantages of using kik or whatsapp over regular messaging and sms? When I was on android I tried some of those apps and I had a hard time getting anyone else in my contacts to use them. With unlimited texts and sms what would it benefit me to use a different messaging app?

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Try and get all your friends to use Kik, .. you might aswell wait nicely for Whatsapp.

I've got the same problem. Since I was one of the early adopters of WhatsApp here, I thought I could get my friends to use Kik to chat... It just so happens that it's not available for BlackBerry and 99% of my friends has one of those.

What a disaster.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same problem. Since I was one of the early adopters of WhatsApp here, I thought I could get my friends to use Kik to chat... It just so happens that it's not available for BlackBerry and 99% of my friends has one of those.

What a disaster.

I have that problem with some of my Canadian friends, that have BB.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon