Where is the Verizon FIOS DVR Manager App?

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I keep seeing sites on the internet that says that the app is available. However, when I search for it I can't find it. Where is it in the market?

braindoc

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I saw a post on a Verizon forum that they have no plans for a WP7 app because not enough people own WP7 devices. They stated that they developed such an app for 6.5 but it didn't get utilized enough to warrant them spending time developing a similar app for WP7.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
To me that shouldn't matter. I should be able to use it on any phone. I get why they would only put it out for the Trophy.

I believe they had it on the iPhone before they got the iPhone.
Then speak to MS. They have it so carriers have their own section for apps.

It's on the iPhone because Apple doesn't allow that. It's also on Android, probably works, but if there are issues for your Atrix, Sensation or Epic Touch 4G (and other non Verizon devices), I'm almost positive they wouldn't be working on a fix.

I'm enjoying the Verizon FiOS remote app on my Photon 4G from Sprint ;)

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Focus on AT&T but why does that matter? Verizon made one for webOS bc I have one my AT&T Pre Plus.
You may want to read my above post (not sure how you could have skipped it though). Windows Phone Marketplace is the only one that has a section for carriers.

Don't shoot the messenger people.

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
You may want to read my above post (not sure how you could have skipped it though). Windows Phone Marketplace is the only one that has a section for carriers.

Don't shoot the messenger people.

Well, that's plain silly isn't it. A section for carriers. So I can't get the FIOS DVR Manager app bc of this silliness?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, that's plain silly isn't it. A section for carriers. So I can't get the FIOS DVR Manager app bc of this silliness?
Because a carrier would want you to come to Verizon, that's silly? I own a business, so things like this are expected. Not saying I wouldn't love to have the ability to have My Verizon FiOS account, FiOS remote and DVR all accessible from my AT&T or Sprint windows phone devices.

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Because a carrier would want you to come to Verizon, that's silly? I own a business, so things like this are expected. Not saying I wouldn't love to have the ability to have My Verizon FiOS account, FiOS remote and DVR all accessible from my AT&T or Sprint windows phone devices.

It silly that there is even that construct that was created. No other manufacturer has such a construct. Is there clause in AT&T's contract with MS that says that Verizon can not put it's apps in the Marketplace? What about, Time Warner, Comcast, Directv apps?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
It silly that there is even that construct that was created. No other manufacturer has such a construct. Is there clause in AT&T's contract with MS that says that Verizon can not put it's apps in the Marketplace? What about, Time Warner, Comcast, Directv apps?
No... the carriers are requesting it. It's an option Microsoft gives the carriers in which they are actually using.

Your beef is with Verizon.

Each manufacturer does the same as well. HTC apps for HTC devices. Samsung apps for Samsung devices.

hes so hott

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
No... the carriers are requesting it. It's an option Microsoft gives the carriers in which they are actually using.

Your beef is with Verizon.

Each manufacturer does the same as well. HTC apps for HTC devices. Samsung apps for Samsung devices.

That still doesn't make any sense. I understand limiting hubs created by manufacturers to their own devices. I don't understand the logic behind MS limiting what their customers can get. Android, IOS, Blackberry and webOS when it existed didn't have those limitations.

Not trying to argue. I just can't understand MS allowing a carrier to block dvr apps from rival companies. It's MS's Marketplace, not AT&T's, or Verizon's or Sprint's.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
That still doesn't make any sense. I understand limiting hubs created by manufacturers to their own devices. I don't understand the logic behind MS limiting what their customers can get. Android, IOS, Blackberry and webOS when it existed didn't have those limitations.

Not trying to argue. I just can't understand MS allowing a carrier to block dvr apps from rival companies. It's MS's Marketplace, not AT&T's, or Verizon's or Sprint's.
So it's okay for manufacturers, but not carriers? Because that wouldn't make sense. Same way that manufacturers are in competition with each other, carriers are as well.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I hate Verizon, but FiOS is freaking awesome! Luckily I can access all those apps from my iPhone or Android device. Allows me not to have to be on Verizon. There are those who aren't like me and only have one device and/or one platform, so if you wanted Windows and those FiOS features, you'd go with the Trophy. Simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss