Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

When???

.... soon. :P

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    not soon enough...

It was shown to me when mango was announce a few months back so I would say soon. I would also assume that on the next phone update it would just be part of the package since Microsoft owns Skype now. For sure it will be a mango only app.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts
    Doesn't AT&T restrict Skype on the iPhone for fear that people wouldn't use their minutes? Meaning it's restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Doesn't AT&T restrict Skype on the iPhone for fear that people wouldn't use their minutes? Meaning it's restricted.
    I'm not even sure if that would be legal in the UK.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    3 UK were the first in the UK to have Skype handsets. I had a couple, very cheap, but they worked fine.

3 Skypephone. Skype is now mobile. Calling your world is free.

Just sharing. :)
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,915 Global Posts
    I just read an article about Skype and the iPhone. You can only use Skype on a WiFi connection in the states.

Addendum: They have removed the restriction now: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/at-t-e...set-free/25518
    ikkf likes this.

Aaaaghhhhhhhhhh i can't wait!!!

Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JCerna View Post
    It was shown to me when mango was announce a few months back so I would say soon. I would also assume that on the next phone update it would just be part of the package since Microsoft owns Skype now. For sure it will be a mango only app.
    Microsoft doesn't own skype yet. The deal still isn't complete. Close though.

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Is there another free app that is available and can do video messaging between iOS devices and WP7 devices? My dad and brother are getting the iPhone 4s and I dont want it. Dad wants to be able to video chat with his grand kids.

im betting tango, so march 2012?

anyone crossing fingers like i am?

Global Posts
    1,603 Global Posts
    Sad. Now that MS own skype still no word on when we can have it on wp7? Is it the only platform still without skype. *Shakes head*

I expect Skype to come out in November maybe after Nokia world they already have pictures of what its going to look like in WP7. I wish for system integration live for Tango so I can click on my contact and either call by phone or skype

Global Posts
    2,608 Global Posts
    I believe that it will be an app first and then integration into the os with tango 1 or 2