Facebook app live tile has never worked and still doesn't

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I've turned the setting on and off, and now I've just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it (perhaps I should have turned my phone off between the two?). But the facebook live tile doesn't work. Or perhaps I need to give it more time or something I don't know. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever gotten that live tile to work ever since they came out with the live tile update since I never got it to.

mworsham

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I've turned the setting on and off, and now I've just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it (perhaps I should have turned my phone off between the two?). But the facebook live tile doesn't work. Or perhaps I need to give it more time or something I don't know. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever gotten that live tile to work ever since they came out with the live tile update since I never got it to.

It has worked for me since the live tile was implemented for the facebook app. I've got a red "1" on the tile right now for a new notification. Samsung Focus (mango) on AT&T.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have the facebook app set to notify you of updates? I have mine only set to notify me if someone sends me a message or directly posts on my wall. If you don't have any of the notification boxes checked it won't update you with a live tile notice (the red number in the top right corner)

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Mine works fine, but it is a joke. I don't consider it a live tile at all. Its really no different than what you would find on an iPhone or Android.

SingeDebile

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
the facebook app has been seriously lacking... still no mango support (takes ages to load), and lots of random problems, I try to avoid it as much as I can.. good thing IE9 with mango loads the page quickly, and the contacts feed helps too.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
For those whose live tiles are not updating, are you guys at least getting notifications within the app? If not, then you may need to reset your sync relationship between your phone and FB. It is more than simply uninstalling the app. You also need to revoke access to FB under privacy settings/apps and websites/edit settings/apps you use/facebook for windows phone. Reinstall FB app to phone and go through the set up again.

Give that a try. You may need to do it a few times.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
Uninstalled the app, removed it from apps on facebook, reinstalled app - still doesn't work. I've had multiple notifications today and have had the phone on both live tile only and live tile/toasts settings and nothing worked.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site
Uninstalled the app, removed it from apps on facebook, reinstalled app - still doesn't work. I've had multiple notifications today and have had the phone on both live tile only and live tile/toasts settings and nothing worked.

Do you get an error when you pivot to Notifications window within the app?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3