Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    I've turned the setting on and off, and now I've just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it (perhaps I should have turned my phone off between the two?). But the facebook live tile doesn't work. Or perhaps I need to give it more time or something I don't know. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever gotten that live tile to work ever since they came out with the live tile update since I never got it to.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Yes it works here, I get a red number of notifications on the tile.

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEggleston View Post
    I've turned the setting on and off, and now I've just uninstalled the app and reinstalled it (perhaps I should have turned my phone off between the two?). But the facebook live tile doesn't work. Or perhaps I need to give it more time or something I don't know. Just wanted to see if anyone has ever gotten that live tile to work ever since they came out with the live tile update since I never got it to.
    It has worked for me since the live tile was implemented for the facebook app. I've got a red "1" on the tile right now for a new notification. Samsung Focus (mango) on AT&T.

Do you have the facebook app set to notify you of updates? I have mine only set to notify me if someone sends me a message or directly posts on my wall. If you don't have any of the notification boxes checked it won't update you with a live tile notice (the red number in the top right corner)

Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Mine never worked neither did youmail. They work great now with Mango for me.

Mine works fine, but it is a joke. I don't consider it a live tile at all. Its really no different than what you would find on an iPhone or Android.

It's never worked for me either. I installed Mango today and thought it would work, but it doesn't.

the facebook app has been seriously lacking... still no mango support (takes ages to load), and lots of random problems, I try to avoid it as much as I can.. good thing IE9 with mango loads the page quickly, and the contacts feed helps too.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    For those whose live tiles are not updating, are you guys at least getting notifications within the app? If not, then you may need to reset your sync relationship between your phone and FB. It is more than simply uninstalling the app. You also need to revoke access to FB under privacy settings/apps and websites/edit settings/apps you use/facebook for windows phone. Reinstall FB app to phone and go through the set up again.

Give that a try. You may need to do it a few times.
  10.    #10  
    Uninstalled the app, removed it from apps on facebook, reinstalled app - still doesn't work. I've had multiple notifications today and have had the phone on both live tile only and live tile/toasts settings and nothing worked.

Global Posts
    2,466 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeEggleston View Post
    Uninstalled the app, removed it from apps on facebook, reinstalled app - still doesn't work. I've had multiple notifications today and have had the phone on both live tile only and live tile/toasts settings and nothing worked.
    Do you get an error when you pivot to Notifications window within the app?
  12.    #12  
    Nope - they have always updated fine.

Damn, I didn't know it has any live tile support till just now lol.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Airanp View Post
    Damn, I didn't know it has any live tile support till just now lol.
    Make sure it's turned on though Airanp :)

(Settings / Push Notifications / I prefer to recieve / Your Choice)

Quote Originally Posted by TheWeeBear View Post
    Make sure it's turned on though Airanp :)

(Settings / Push Notifications / I prefer to recieve / Your Choice)
    Yeah, I just went into the setting and hooked it up. I am all about the live tiles.
    Thanks
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Ah good, Airanp. :)