RokuBOX- Anybody use yet?

Localyf

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
App looks so clean but it keeps crashing on my phone. It's on the homepage

Hi,
can you tell us what phone you are using and what steps lead to the crash? We have tested on multiple phones successfully and crashes should not be happening. Please let us know at rokubox-support(at)localyf.com

Thank you,
Localyf team

Localyf

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It works fine for me on my HTC Arrive. It's not as good as the actual remote, though, so I doubt I will ever use it.

Hi,

Thank you for deciding to try ROKUbox. Please try the Channels and the favorites feature in the app. It lets you easily jump from one channel to another without having to go back to home screen and scroll through channels. You can favorite channels too. We are sure you will find it useful. Let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Thank you,
Localyf Team

binarymoustache

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
can you tell us what phone you are using and what steps lead to the crash? We have tested on multiple phones successfully and crashes should not be happening. Please let us know at rokubox-support(at)localyf.com

Thank you,
Localyf team
This is crashing for me when trying to populate the Channels screen. Haven't had it work successfully once, tried with two different Rokus.

Samsung Focus S.

Localyf

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with the app. Please try the following for a fix.
Please try removing some unused channels from your roku device to get the number of channels to under 20. The app should load the channels without issue.

Please try this and let us know how it goes. You can reach us directly at rokubox-support@localyf.com

Thank you
Localyf team

binarymoustache

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with the app. Please try the following for a fix.
Please try removing some unused channels from your roku device to get the number of channels to under 20. The app should load the channels without issue.

Please try this and let us know how it goes. You can reach us directly at rokubox-support@localyf.com

Thank you
Localyf team
Ehhhhhhhh, I'm not going to delete channels just to use this app.

If you can't populate the channels screen, would it be possible to at least fail gracefully instead of crashing? It looks like I could still use the basic remote functionality, but the app keeps relaunching into the Channels screen, so I'm stuck in a crash loop.

Thanks for the response anyway.

Localyf

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Update to v2.0

Hi everyone,

Thank you for trying ROKUbox. Version 2.0 will soon be in he marketplace. We have fixed the crashing issue during channel load.

The update also brings Youtube Search feature, where you can search for YouTube videos directly from within the app and play them on your TV via ROKU.

Please try the new version when it comes out. Let us know if you have any further questions : rokubox-support@localyf.com

Sincerely,
Localyf Team

binarymoustache

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update, but it still crashes when attempting to load channels. :(

Thankfully, I can still use the basic remote functionality, as it no longer gets stuck in a crash loop.

Slick looking app though, hope you can work out the kinks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos