Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Coffee

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Both those games seem to be on every platform and OS except for windows phone. What's the deal? Any word?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    No word on WWF but Words By Post is a scrabble clone and cross platform. It's excellent. :)

.........HANDSET: Nokia Lumia 920
    .........COUNTRY: Scotland UK
    .........NETWORK: 3 UK

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Yep, gf has a Driod X and we've been playing Words By Post non stop since I got Mango update.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    words by post would be fine for me however I don't know a single person that uses it while everyone else I know only uses words with friends. So that kind of limits me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Well it's available on every platform so if any friends want to play with you they could install it. If not ? Oh dear!

I actually have an Android & iPhone friend that plays me (YUK i have no taste) ;)

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I have friends on 'with Friends' that added 'by Post' when I asked them. no biggie.
    TheWeeBear likes this.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Sure, I could ask everyone else to switch apps. But I don't expect them to switch just because i'm app limited.

And they use words with friends with their other friends who use it with their other friends and so on. So they'd then have to use one app for everyone else and one just for me. When means they focus on one app and would forget to check the other.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    5,295 Global Posts
    Well if they are real friends wouldn't they just install it just for you ? Mine have. :)

Have you suggested it to them ?

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    So you're supposed to have an app just b/c they have it, but they can't install one to play with you? It's just 1 more free app.

Anyway, it's a 3rd party dev, email the 'with Friends' dev and ask them to port to WP7 and tell them you have to use 'by Post' right now.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffee View Post
    So you're supposed to have an app just b/c they have it, but they can't install one to play with you? It's just 1 more free app.
    Bingo. It goes with what the majority uses. I don't fault anyone for that.

I can ask them to install it. And they might. But their focus will be all the other people that play on one app as opposed to one person that plays on another.

But yeah, they only way to get apps on WP7 is to let the devs know we want them.

Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I guess so. I get notifications from various apps that someone has responded, I hit the notification, it comes up. Doesn't matter if its Word By Post or some other game, message or text.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    The response I got from Zynga:

Thank you for contacting Zynga With Friends Customer Service!

Currently, Words With Friends, Hanging With Friends and Chess With Friends are only supported on Apple iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch) and Android devices. We are working to support other devices and hope to provide access to our players using these other devices in the near future.