zune marketplace not working in canada

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Im from Canada and the Zune Pass just launched today (WOOHOO!) so I got the 14-day trial and it's working on my computer great. I know in the US you have always had an option in Music+Videos for the marketplace in Zune.

When I go to Zune there's no marketplace there! Why is that happening when they launched Zune Pass in Canada and the entire marketplace too?!

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Tweet the folks @zunesupport. They are pretty quick to help out.

Sent from my HTC Arrive using Board Express

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Well they're telling me it's probably a result of the outage this morning. The problem with that is the outage was only on the Zune.ca website. Zune on the computer was working fine, so why isn't the marketplace showing on my Windows Phone too? Even the website is up and running now, but still nothing on the phone!

buggyglint

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here, I even reset my phone which enable the music marketplace on my phone but when I exited the music marketplace it was somehow gone...

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here, I even reset my phone which enable the music marketplace on my phone but when I exited the music marketplace it was somehow gone...
What exactly did you do to reset your phone? Did you just turn it off and on? How did you get the music marketplace anyways? Are you getting these problems in Canada too or is this the US you're referring to?

buggyglint

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
What exactly did you do to reset your phone? Did you just turn it off and on? How did you get the music marketplace anyways? Are you getting these problems in Canada too or is this the US you're referring to?

I'm in Canada trying to access the "new" zune music. I went under my phone settings and completely reset my phone but the music marketplace disappears once you exit it.

The music marketplace works perfectly on my pc through zune software.

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm in Canada trying to access the "new" zune music. I went under my phone settings and completely reset my phone but the music marketplace disappears once you exit it.
Wow that's pretty harsh doing a reset. That would suck losing all your apps and everything then going through reinstallations etc. Why can't this problem be more simple... furthermore why can't they just post something on their website telling us what the problem is and that they're resolving it. I've been trying to figure this out forever now lol

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey I just got another reply to @ZuneSupport and they said it should just be showing up on it's own.

I asked them if it would just show up on its own. This is what they said: @kunalpahwa It should. If it goes too long you can try a power cycle. ^SM

nVd

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone figured out how to get the zune marketplace to show up yet? I have tried taking out the battery and starting up the phone like that but it still doesn't work.

cygni52

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
same problem here...

After purchasing zune pass... I can access it from website, but not from wp7 (mango) or zune software... Haven't checked xbox yet but would imagine same problem...

Hopefully someone can post solution here as it becomes available...

nVd

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
After purchasing zune pass... I can access it from website, but not from wp7 (mango) or zune software... Haven't checked xbox yet but would imagine same problem...

The xbox zune pass works perfectly fine for me.

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Well so far I have tried it on the Zune software on my PC and it works there. The music videos didn't work, but now I can watch those free too (as of 1hr ago). I tried it on my XBOX about 2hrs ago and it was working then too.

The only thing so far is that I keep pulling my phones battery or just turning it off every half hour and restarting it but nothing works.

Last communication I had was 2hrs ago on Twitter with @WindowsPhoneSupport and they said "it'll be up soon" but when I asked when they said: @kunalpahwa The recent issue with Xbox Live has caused a delay in the Marketplace delivery. ^BA

I'm confused by the vagueness of this, because soon should be less then the 2hrs that have gone by. Also I still don't know if simply restarting the phone is enough to get the marketplace up there.

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site

Hey you said it's not working on your Zune software? It didn't for me, but I tried to shut it down after getting the Zune Pass and then restarting it. Then when I went back I clicked on marketplace and found a song. It now gives me an option to 'download' rather than just purchase for 'x' amount of Microsoft points. Also you have to ensure in Zune Software that you are 'signed in' with the same profile you got Zune Pass online

Hope that helps? If not maybe go on the Zune site and confirm in settings that you have the Zune Pass in there. Uninstall then re-install the software. I don't know its a possibility it may work :\

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so I tweeted @WinPhoneSupport and let's just say at least they respond quickly. Their answer was as follows: @kunalpahwa if you just got Mango, it may take 8 days for the Canadian marketplace to show. ^BA

What a bummer. That's not cool at all! Sounds like they messed up!

I'm going to tweet Zune Support again and see if they say the same and that should finalize our woes for the next week LOL

y2kunals

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this should end all the debate. I got an email from Microsoft:

Zune? Music Pass gives you unlimited access to more than 14 million songs to stream or download, and play on your Xbox 360?, Windows? Phone*, PC, and web.** It also lets you instantly stream tens of thousands of music videos on your PC—and coming soon, through your Xbox 360.***

*For Windows Phone 7 users, a rolling service update will be happening which may limit your ability to access Zune Music Pass on your phone until October 10th, 2011.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3