Todays App Updates

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll probably already have it XBWillem, try going to redownload the game from the marketplace.

Once you see the share button (if it doesn't say update), hit the back button then go back to the download again and it should tell you there's an update available.

Remember this will need Wi-Fi to download it's a large file.

Let me know if this works for you. :)

That should work for any app / game that you know has an update, but you haven't yet been notified.

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably already have it XBWillem, try going to redownload the game from the marketplace.

Once you see the share button (if it doesn't say update), hit the back button then go back to the download again and it should tell you there's an update available.

Remember this will need Wi-Fi to download it's a large file.

Let me know if this works for you. :)

That should work for any app / game that you know has an update, but you haven't yet been notified.

This works indeed! Thanks a lot. What a strange workaround for getting your updates.

bog2587

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
ok,probably I'm offtopic and I'm sorry for that but do you know an app for reading news from Romania??I didn't find in marketplace

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Oh good XBWillem, yes it's a strange one why you don't just get notified. :)

Doesn't it have something to do with time zones as well? A guy over at a Dutch forum I often visit, said most EU/Dutch updates go live at 00:00h the day they were released Stateside.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think once an app update is released to the marketplace it's available once its propagated country wide at any time, don't think time zones come into play XBWillem.

Not 100% sure though. :)

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I think once an app update is released to the marketplace it's available once its propagated country wide at any time, don't think time zones come into play XBWillem.

Not 100% sure though. :)

Okay. I'll keep an eye on the Marketplace to see if I get updates or not.

XBWillem

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Vimeo? I installed the app they day it launched. When I open Marketplace I don't have any update notifacitations. I also pinned the tile to start and it doesn't say anything. But when tapping 'share' and then return, I does show 'update'. Grr... it's really to find all updates now. I bet I've missed out on half of my updates.

Is there any way to fix this?

DanSmithKY

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Update notifications aren't pushed to your phone in real time. It pulls that data once a day or something like that, so it probably just hadn't checked for updates since the vimeo update came out. If you do know that an update is out for an app you have and you want to force it, you can just search for the app in the marketplace and instead of getting the prompt to download it, it will give you the option to update it.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
App Updates is behaving oddly of late. I haven't had a single update in almost 60 days to my 200+ Apps. Then today 54 Updates! Something strange is going on and you're not alone.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3