Todays App Updates

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Since its an update people its supossed to already have the app. Just saying :)

Agree. I think few folks do want to make sure to ask for links which IMO is weird and appears more like spoon-feeding. Thread is to let folks know about app updates and they should themselves search for the app in the store, if not already installed.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Agree. I think few folks do want to make sure to ask for links which IMO is weird and appears more like spoon-feeding. Thread is to let folks know about app updates and they should themselves search for the app in the store, if not already installed.

While I agree that most apps and games are easy to look up on the store, it doesn't work equally well for all. But anyways, providing a direct link to an app doesn't take much effort and provides a greater convenience.
Regarding "you're supposed to have the app", that's narrow minded. I for one tried many apps in the store, but uninstalled the majority due to not being satisfied with it entirely. But many of these apps had a great potential, so when I happen to see they got updated (which is what I use this thread for), I tend to give them another try. So without this thread I wouldn't even know about an update for some apps.

riteshpande

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

While searching for the apps in store most of times due to issues store doesn't show the app. So it can be more useful to provide the app with link..

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
While I agree that most apps and games are easy to look up on the store, it doesn't work equally well for all. But anyways, providing a direct link to an app doesn't take much effort and provides a greater convenience.
Regarding "you're supposed to have the app", that's narrow minded. I for one tried many apps in the store, but uninstalled the majority due to not being satisfied with it entirely. But many of these apps had a great potential, so when I happen to see they got updated (which is what I use this thread for), I tend to give them another try. So without this thread I wouldn't even know about an update for some apps.

Its upto the individuals if they want to post the link or not. People asking for links can search for the same app if not installed and that too wont take much efforts. If user has uninstalled an app and then want to reinstall the same app, then the person should make an effort to search for the app. Folks posting a news about the update are not responsible for their action. Thread is just to let them know about the app update and posting a link is subjective. Folks should stop expecting a link for each and every update. They are supposed to search for the app if not already installed.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Its upto the individuals if they want to post the link or not. People asking for links can search for the same app if not installed and that too wont take much efforts. If user has uninstalled an app and then want to reinstall the same app, then the person should make an effort to search for the app. Folks posting a news about the update are not responsible for their action. Thread is just to let them know about the app update and posting a link is subjective. Folks should stop expecting a link for each and every update. They are supposed to search for the app if not already installed.

You obviously don't know how WP Store works in general, don't you?
1. It doesn't hurt if you post a link from the specific app, you will need just 5 seconds. Change log is optional.
2. Most of the apps are supported in WP8 too and not just WP8.1. As you know (and i am sure you know), WP Store for devices still running WP8 (not WP8.1) is not refreshing as the WP Store for WP8.1.x. Those are two different stores (kind of).
3. More than half of the people see this thread either from official Windows Central app or Tapatalk. So a link would be nice if they just click on it, rather than just go to the store and search for that app.
4. Me and some people i know, sometimes we can't find that app in our Stores (region related) when we search manually. But clicking the link here, does get you to the specific app you wanna get from the Store. And if you follow this thread, people generally accepted to at least post the link about the app from the store in this thread, so that becomes a general practice here. Change log is not that important cuz you will see that in the Store when you click the app link. But some people like to post that too.
5. I agree with you that people who run devices with WP8.1.x will need to just press the Check for Updates button and they got the updates right away IF they have that app installed on their phone, but like dKp1977 said in his post above, people usually come back to some app they install it and uninstall it just because it was not good enough for them at that time, but this thread is a good reminder if that particular app got an update and they wanna try it again.
Bottom line: A provided link in the post for the update of some app is a good thing cuz it will save you time and mobile data (if you are not on wi-fi) for searching manually that app in the store. Instead, with a provided link, you are "one click" away from the app. :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You obviously don't know how WP Store works in general, don't you?
1. It doesn't hurt if you post a link from the specific app, you will need just 5 seconds. Change log is optional.
2. Most of the apps are supported in WP8 too and not just WP8.1. As you know (and i am sure you know), WP Store for devices still running WP8 (not WP8.1) is not refreshing as the WP Store for WP8.1.x. Those are two different stores (kind of).
3. More than half of the people see this thread either from official Windows Central app or Tapatalk. So a link would be nice if they just click on it, rather than just go to the store and search for that app.
4. Me and some people i know, sometimes we can't find that app in our Stores (region related) when we search manually. But clicking the link here, does get you to the specific app you wanna get from the Store. And if you follow this thread, people generally accepted to at least post the link about the app from the store in this thread, so that becomes a general practice here. Change log is not that important cuz you will see that in the Store when you click the app link. But some people like to post that too.
5. I agree with you that people who run devices with WP8.1.x will need to just press the Check for Updates button and they got the updates right away IF they have that app installed on their phone, but like dKp1977 said in his post above, people usually come back to some app they install it and uninstall it just because it was not good enough for them at that time, but this thread is a good reminder if that particular app got an update and they wanna try it again.
Bottom line: A provided link in the post for the update of some app is a good thing cuz it will save you time and mobile data (if you are not on wi-fi) for searching manually that app in the store. Instead, with a provided link, you are "one click" away from the app. :)

I do know how WP Store works (have been a WP user since WP7.5 days!!), so don't teach me that. Coming to what I said, was purely my own opinion and I stand by that. You didn't need to write that entire history to cover those lazy worms who wants to know the app link instead of putting an effort to search for it. If I do post about an update, I am not supposed to post the app link as its subjective and up to my wish. I pointed out those lazy worms who don't give a **** about self-search and keep asking for links. So, read my comments before covering their habits that appear to become a trend on this thread!!

bigboss-62

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Awesome Lock v5.0.1.35 (Twisted Lab) (12/01/2014)
Awesome Lock | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
  • Changelog:
    • New Passbook widget: display your passbook events directly on the lock screen by the time of the event
    • Passbook: store and manage your passbook items
    • AwesomePeek!: UI improvements
    • Improved the quality of Bing pictures
    • AwesomeLock UI changes
    • Support for dark theme
    • Bug fixing and other improvements

Feed Viewer v6.0.0.7 (V?clav Dajbych) (12/01/2014)
Feed Viewer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
  • Changelog:
    • Application is free, but large amount of subscription is charged

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I do know how WP Store works (have been a WP user since WP7.5 days!!), so don't teach me that. Coming to what I said, was purely my own opinion and I stand by that. You didn't need to write that entire history to cover those lazy worms who wants to know the app link instead of putting an effort to search for it. If I do post about an update, I am not supposed to post the app link as its subjective and up to my wish. I pointed out those lazy worms who don't give a **** about self-search and keep asking for links. So, read my comments before covering their habits that appear to become a trend on this thread!!

You are a user since 7.5 days? I am from WM5, WM6.1, WM6.5.x and WP7 days, so?
Anyway, I am not trying to teach you about the Store, you just show how much you know about it, we can see that.
I didn't correct your opinion nor I am trying to teach you something (if you read it properly) I did agreed with some of your points. That's your opinion and you are entitled to that, so am I to mine. IMO you just show disrespect to lots of users here calling them lazy worms.
Not all people are techy and geeky like you and me and people like us. In one thread i took big part, I got the same question how to change the CSC on their phones, like 100 times, even tho I did answer that same question over 100 times in one thread. All what users should've do is to use the Search option on the thread, but they rather ask a question than search. So be it, they asked 100 times i answered 100 times, but i didn't call those people lazy worms. But lets put that aside.
What would be easier for you (if you are a normal user, not that techy one), to just open the thread and click the link and get the app or just read about the app and go to the store and search for the app and you might not find it. For example, official Facebook app I can find it on the Store on through my phone, but I can't find the Facebook Beta app. So, I need a link to click to get me there.
As I said before, many of the WP users are still on devices running WP8, so the Store at WP8 doesn't have the option to check for new apps updates like Store on WP8.1 devices, and what people need at that moment? A simple posted link of the app. Pure and simple. I mean, if you took time to post about a new app update here, you can spend 10 more seconds to just copy/paste the link of the app (unless for some reason you can't). It's faster and easier for other users.
This is what I think and you think different, so we agree to disagree, which is perfectly normal. :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
You are a user since 7.5 days? I am from WM5, WM6.1, WM6.5.x and WP7 days, so?
Anyway, I am not trying to teach you about the Store, you just show how much you know about it, we can see that.
I didn't correct your opinion nor I am trying to teach you something (if you read it properly) I did agreed with some of your points. That's your opinion and you are entitled to that, so am I to mine. IMO you just show disrespect to lots of users here calling them lazy worms.
Not all people are techy and geeky like you and me and people like us. In one thread i took big part, I got the same question how to change the CSC on their phones, like 100 times, even tho I did answer that same question over 100 times in one thread. All what users should've do is to use the Search option on the thread, but they rather ask a question than search. So be it, they asked 100 times i answered 100 times, but i didn't call those people lazy worms. But lets put that aside.
What would be easier for you (if you are a normal user, not that techy one), to just open the thread and click the link and get the app or just read about the app and go to the store and search for the app and you might not find it. For example, official Facebook app I can find it on the Store on through my phone, but I can't find the Facebook Beta app. So, I need a link to click to get me there.
As I said before, many of the WP users are still on devices running WP8, so the Store at WP8 doesn't have the option to check for new apps updates like Store on WP8.1 devices, and what people need at that moment? A simple posted link of the app. Pure and simple. I mean, if you took time to post about a new app update here, you can spend 10 more seconds to just copy/paste the link of the app (unless for some reason you can't). It's faster and easier for other users.
This is what I think and you think different, so we agree to disagree, which is perfectly normal. :)

Putting up WP7.5 refrence was a simple revert to your comment that claimed I know nothing about WP store! So take it, bro!

Having said that, my comment had nothing to do with the "Technical Knowledge" about various stuff and if you think you know a lot then keep it with you and do not try to teach me as I did not ask for your tution. I am very well aware of variuos tech stuffs.

Secondly, I know it wont take more than a few seconds to post the link, but my point was to let folks understand that posting a link is purely up to individuals, but they keep asking for links instead of doing a search from the store itself. That's what annoys me!!

If a user posts about an update, he is not entitled to post the link and he can/cannot post the link about the app. If link is not posted, they should search for the app from the store instead of directly asking for links. I have even seen instances where folks keep telling individuals to post app link. Why? If they are that much bothered, post the link themselves and done with it.

If a user informs about the app update then it will be his/her call to post a link or not. Why those users keep asking for links? Can't they search for the apps? They can, but they don't want to take this pain! They want everything to be spoon-fed. That's all

So, again stop being a teacher and continue posting links!!
Hope this clarifies.

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Putting up WP7.5 refrence was a simple revert to your comment that claimed I know nothing about WP store! So take it, bro!

Having said that, my comment had nothing to do with the "Technical Knowledge" about various stuff and if you think you know a lot then keep it with you and do not try to teach me as I did not ask for your tution. I am very well aware of variuos tech stuffs.

Secondly, I know it wont take more than a few seconds to post the link, but my point was to let folks understand that posting a link is purely up to individuals, but they keep asking for links instead of doing a search from the store itself. That's what annoys me!!

If a user posts about an update, he is not entitled to post the link and he can/cannot post the link about the app. If link is not posted, they should search for the app from the store instead of directly asking for links. I have even seen instances where folks keep telling individuals to post app link. Why? If they are that much bothered, post the link themselves and done with it.

If a user informs about the app update then it will be his/her call to post a link or not. Why those users keep asking for links? Can't they search for the apps? They can, but they don't want to take this pain! They want everything to be spoon-fed. That's all

So, again stop being a teacher and continue posting links!!
Hope this clarifies.

Wow, chill out a bit, you gonna get hemorrhoids :) (kidding)
Neither did i teach you something nor it was intention, I really don't know from where did you figured that out. You stated your opinion, I stated mine, it was a healthy debate but for some reason you got all ballistic, relax a bit. I never said that if someone post about an app update that is obligated to post a link too, I just stated that its generally accepted practice on this thread which by many here is totally fine. I did post links for some users that didn't post a link along with their post about an app update, just to make it easier for other users. So why make it complicated when you can make it easier for others? Is that too hard to do it?
But, have it your way i have no intention to get deeper into a seamless arguing :) Hope this clarifies to you too :) Enjoy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750