Windows 7 and Square up

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
When will WP7 get a credit card reader app? I use my evo4g for business and a big part of it is using the Square reader and app. I dont know if there is any reader for WP&, is there?

TY

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You'll see some stuff eventually either with card readers or NFC, but it may be early next year before any of them are released.

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
As a business owner I use my phone daily for:

1-Navigation-all day
2-Credit card payments-all day
3-Answering phone-all day
4-Music player-at gym
5-Throughout day on internet,this site, and Pulse reader.
If MS cant make my WP7 transition happen by xmas or earlier, then I will just stick with Android. I really want WP7 for Zune and Xbox integration and to use for my business like i do with my Evo4g now. Credit card payments on my phone are vital and a deal breaker as 35% of my customers pay this way.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
When will WP7 get a credit card reader app? I use my evo4g for business and a big part of it is using the Square reader and app. I dont know if there is any reader for WP&, is there?

TY

actually theres like 4-5 diffrent Credit Card readers in the marketplace ... just type in Credit card and they come up.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
As a business owner I use my phone daily for:

1-Navigation-all day
2-Credit card payments-all day
3-Answering phone-all day
4-Music player-at gym
5-Throughout day on internet,this site, and Pulse reader.
If MS cant make my WP7 transition happen by xmas or earlier, then I will just stick with Android. I really want WP7 for Zune and Xbox integration and to use for my business like i do with my Evo4g now. Credit card payments on my phone are vital and a deal breaker as 35% of my customers pay this way.

Ok , you can alredy do every thing u said... whats the problem? you battery doesnt last all day? get a car charger.

levelbest

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
actually theres like 4-5 diffrent Credit Card readers in the marketplace ... just type in Credit card and they come up.

And they aren't SquareUp which is by far the most popular. It's a big deal for many small merchants who have switched from a standard processor to SquareUp.

No way to take payments on the go for us right now.

PaladinPete

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see this too. The Intuit gopayment app is available but the reader does not work on my Focus Flash. I hope we can get the SquareUp app and reader for WP7.5 eventually.

SleepyTheDon

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site

TY
Intuit Go payment reader is available and works great i use it all the time. Square is coming soon

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
CC reader apps
-Intuit GoPayment
-Credit Card Machine
-Aircharge
-My Merchant
-Credit Card Terminal
-Payment Max

*As stated before, Square is planning an app, once WP8 is released.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Remember back when MS was doing the Zune Insider and WP podcasts? I think I remember an episode where a lady, maybe a hair stylist, was using her phone to accept CC payments, along with everything else her WP helped her do in her small business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos