Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By baseballbert
  1. mrdeezus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    132 Posts
       #1  
    When will WP7 get a credit card reader app? I use my evo4g for business and a big part of it is using the Square reader and app. I dont know if there is any reader for WP&, is there?

    TY
  2. dtboos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    606 Posts
    Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    #2  
    Not that I know of, no. I would email Square and see if they are planning to migrate it over.
  3. mrdeezus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    132 Posts
       #3  
    ok ty
  4. dtboos's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    606 Posts
    Global Posts
    826 Global Posts
    #4  
    You'll see some stuff eventually either with card readers or NFC, but it may be early next year before any of them are released.
  5. mrdeezus's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    132 Posts
       #5  
    As a business owner I use my phone daily for:

    1-Navigation-all day
    2-Credit card payments-all day
    3-Answering phone-all day
    4-Music player-at gym
    5-Throughout day on internet,this site, and Pulse reader.
    If MS cant make my WP7 transition happen by xmas or earlier, then I will just stick with Android. I really want WP7 for Zune and Xbox integration and to use for my business like i do with my Evo4g now. Credit card payments on my phone are vital and a deal breaker as 35% of my customers pay this way.
  6. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeezus View Post
    When will WP7 get a credit card reader app? I use my evo4g for business and a big part of it is using the Square reader and app. I dont know if there is any reader for WP&, is there?

    TY
    actually theres like 4-5 diffrent Credit Card readers in the marketplace ... just type in Credit card and they come up.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

  7. selfcreation's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    3,288 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,304 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeezus View Post
    As a business owner I use my phone daily for:

    1-Navigation-all day
    2-Credit card payments-all day
    3-Answering phone-all day
    4-Music player-at gym
    5-Throughout day on internet,this site, and Pulse reader.
    If MS cant make my WP7 transition happen by xmas or earlier, then I will just stick with Android. I really want WP7 for Zune and Xbox integration and to use for my business like i do with my Evo4g now. Credit card payments on my phone are vital and a deal breaker as 35% of my customers pay this way.
    Ok , you can alredy do every thing u said... whats the problem? you battery doesnt last all day? get a car charger.
    If your looking for Information, be sure to check out: WindowsPhone: Getting started!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If one of our Members helps you, be sure to THANK him or her!

  8. levelbest's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Se1fcr3ation View Post
    actually theres like 4-5 diffrent Credit Card readers in the marketplace ... just type in Credit card and they come up.
    And they aren't SquareUp which is by far the most popular. It's a big deal for many small merchants who have switched from a standard processor to SquareUp.

    No way to take payments on the go for us right now.
  9. PaladinPete's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #9  
    I'd like to see this too. The Intuit gopayment app is available but the reader does not work on my Focus Flash. I hope we can get the SquareUp app and reader for WP7.5 eventually.
  10. baseballbert's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,556 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,088 Global Posts
    #10  
    I use an iPod touch for Square payments at my place. That way I can still take CC's with my WP in tow.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....
    Apoc likes this.
  11. Apoc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    I use an iPod touch for Square payments at my place. That way I can still take CC's with my WP in tow.
    Good advice and option!
  12. SleepyTheDon's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeezus View Post
    When will WP7 get a credit card reader app? I use my evo4g for business and a big part of it is using the Square reader and app. I dont know if there is any reader for WP&, is there?

    TY
    Intuit Go payment reader is available and works great i use it all the time. Square is coming soon
  13. Apoc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    #13  
    CC reader apps
    -Intuit GoPayment
    -Credit Card Machine
    -Aircharge
    -My Merchant
    -Credit Card Terminal
    -Payment Max

    *As stated before, Square is planning an app, once WP8 is released.
  14. 11B1P's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,099 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,417 Global Posts
    #14  
    Remember back when MS was doing the Zune Insider and WP podcasts? I think I remember an episode where a lady, maybe a hair stylist, was using her phone to accept CC payments, along with everything else her WP helped her do in her small business.

Posting Permissions