Help!! Kindle App Question

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I've got the Kindle app on my HD7 as well as the Kindle software on my PC, however; when I add free ebooks to my Kindle for PC, the Kindle app on my phone doesn't pick them up. Is there something I'm supposed to do through Zune or what??

I posted this in another place, but it should've been here, hope moderators don't mind the double post

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Did you add the free ebook through Amazon? I think you have to add an ebook to each instance of Kindle through the Amazon web site.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When I added books, free and paid. I just add it to one device and once it syncs, it's available to all my kindle devices. I think your problem is you have to add the book from Amazon. Once it's on one device, it'll appear on all of them.

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
When I added books, free and paid. I just add it to one device and once it syncs, it's available to all my kindle devices. I think your problem is you have to add the book from Amazon. Once it's on one device, it'll appear on all of them.

u mean I have to get it from them or I have to send it to Amazon? If so, how the **** do I do that? lol

mart280

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I think I know how, you send the book to your kindle address which i did, it appears on my kindle but not my phone despite synching and my phone is reged at Amazon

slowly sussing it but under actions send to wp7 is greyed out ?

mart280

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Cant suss it, I can get books from my pc on to my kindle no problem but the only books that show up on my WP7 app are those I buy through Amazon :(

mart280

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Can any of you guys help ? how do I get e books from my pc onto the books section of my amazon account, I can send them to the personal document section but they need to be in the book section to be able to sent to Windows Phone.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There's a app called Freda that has drop box support and I'm testing it out now! I'll report on how well it works.

It works, but it's ugly as all get out. I think I'll just buy the books from the kindle store.

Last edited:

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
let us know how it is. I've been trying to finish the Steve Jobs biography for a few weeks now but I'm never on my laptop enough to read it. Having it on my phone would be awesome

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
It gets the job done. There's also an app called "aebookreader" that I'm going to give a try.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok. I downloaded "abookreader" app for 99 cents. It does a good job of downloading from dropbox. Its a little buggy, but worth the trouble if you have eBooks outside of amazon.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb