HTC Sound Enhancer

jzhaohd

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I just emailed HTC support about their removal of the Sound Enhancer app from the Marketplace, and I received this reply:

"Dear [my name],

We deeply regret that you are no longer able to download the Sound Enhancer app for your Windows 7.x device. I can certainly provide you with some insight about this.

In previous models of Windows 7 devices there was a Sound Enhancer app provided by HTC in the HTC Hub portion of the Microsoft Marketplace. This app has currently been removed from the Marketplace due to stability issues in some apps on Windows 7 phones using the Mango operating system. At this time we do not have any information regarding if and when this application will be restored to the Marketplace. Although, it is highly unlikely that this would be integrated into the phone's preloaded settings, as Microsoft wants consistancy across all Windows 7 devices, so we're limited in what we can do with the OS.

We are aware of the application's importance to many of our device owners and we will do our best to come up with a solution to matter. Many other HTC devotees have also expressed their concern over the disappearance of this useful app and have also requested that it be updated and restored. Currently we have no ETA to provide for you regarding the comeback of this app. To stay on top of all things HTC including updates, maintenance releases, press releases, and new device launches you can follow us on our official website at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs or HTC Press Releases - HTC Mobile Phone News & Updates . You can also follow us using our official social network feeds on Twitter and Facebook if you prefer. We will continue to keep owners of HTC devices informed of all important developments regarding our devices.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause [my name], and we hope that this does not detract from your overall use and enjoyment of your device. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to improve and expand upon the availability of apps such as Sound Enhancer for use on the Windows 7.x line of devices.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number [my ticket number].

Sincerely,

Megon

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance."

So is HTC basically ditching Sound Enhancer (no more updates)? It would be strange if they are, since Sound Enhancer was a major selling point for the HTC Surround (my phone)! Has anyone else tried emailing HTC about the removal of this important app? Did the support rep say there was a replacement/update coming?

Thanks. (note: I'm a n00b on these forums; bear with me if I've put this thread in the wrong category or whatever.)

Musicjunkie0210

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Mine disappeared when I forced the Mango update. Apparently people said their music player was starting to mess up and the Sound Enhancer was to blame, so it was pulled. Hopefully they bring it back, I just bought these Beats By Dre headphones and now I can't tweak my audio. lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre